“Walking paradise”

Pyrenees National Park (Parc National des Pyrenees)
Book In Advance
More Info
US$237.74*
and up
Hot Air Balloon Flight and Breakfast over the Volcanoes of Catalonia
Ranked #828 of 2,708 things to do in Occitanie
More attraction details
Owner description: Located along the border of France and Spain, this scenic and mountainous landscape offers a variety of outdoor activities including hiking, mountain climbing and viewing wildlife.
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Hikers do not have any more to wish once they have arrived in this stunning national parc in the south of France. You can use Cauterets as a base and make day hikes from there. The alternative, walking from mountain hut to mountain hut, is for the adventurous, but it's worth the effort. If you choose one part of the French Pyrenees to visit, then choose this part.

5  Thank QuintenJ
"vultures"
"france"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Driving over the French/Spanish border north of Biecas after a morning coffee I was looking forward to a 2 hour walk up a mountain, the scenery is stunning as you cross over into France so take a camera.

I took the path from the car park (the grass verge on the side of the road) with girlfriend and 6 year old daughter, our ascent took almost 2 hours as her legs were half the size of mine. If you are fit and in a rush you could probably get to the summit in 40-60 minutes to be honest.

There are no amenities on site so make sure you stop on the way/way back for food and toilet requirements

1  Thank Benjamindrfranklin
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I used to live in the Pyrénées and I can only say, I love it much more than any other place in the world. I was living in the Béarn and worked in Lourdes that time. But my days off, I stayed in the nature. Went walking in the national parc with friends to see the waterfalls, the lakes, the mountains, the birds (vultures, buzzards, eagles, etc ...), the wild horses, the sheep and the shepherds, ... it was just so wonderful, amazing people and an absolute beautiful nature. And by this, I want to say such a big thank you to Robert, Viviane, Maité, Frank, etc... for spending so much time with me! I Love you so much!

5  Thank daukmai
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Our camper van holiday in the Pyrenees was excellent - enhanced considerably by the welcome we received at the Camping Le Rey at Louvie-Jouson. It is an immaculate site, beautifully maintained & handy for the village. There are also chalets. The owners were charming & full of good advice about outings - even lending us the books & maps we needed. We shall be returning.

4  Thank Mrsblisters
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This is a fantastic tour. Viator really nailed it with this one. After visiting the town of Vic, you head to the Nuria Valley in the Pyrenees. This is as close to paradise as it gets. The spectacular views are worth the price of the tour. From there you visit the town of Queralbs. The views from Queralbs are also spectacular.

4  Thank frank421132