“My most fantastic vacation so far!”

Pyrenees National Park (Parc National des Pyrenees)
Book In Advance
More Info
US$228.08*
and up
Hot Air Balloon Flight and Breakfast over the Volcanoes of Catalonia
Ranked #803 of 2,661 things to do in Occitanie
More attraction details
Owner description: Located along the border of France and Spain, this scenic and mountainous landscape offers a variety of outdoor activities including hiking, mountain climbing and viewing wildlife.
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Hiked for 6 days between huts and hotells. Fantastic surroundings, views, people and food. The trails were adequetly marked and it was easy to navigate. Mostly french and spanish hikers on the trails.

4  Thank Agustawaage

Reviewed 1 August 2016

We went up on the cable car to visit the mountain and it took about less than ten minutes to go up and what lovely views we had going up, we took loads of pictures. I wouldn't go up again mind you not my cup of tea.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

We hiked one of the trails of the national park. It wasn't well marked and we didn't manage to find it easily but the walk was worth it..Very rural, beautiful forests and fields..

3  Thank AntoinetteM199
Reviewed 4 November 2015

I wrote in my diary: I'm still in the Pyrenees. On the French side, I stepped into Spanish. The colors are the same, the sky just as deep. Cloud over noon. And a few hours before the eagle, above the tops of Sabarta. Follow me, however, consistently sound original phonographs, which was a little before Edison invented by a man born in the Iberian Fabrezan. The poet and scholar Charles Cross. I feel like I gramophone needle scratching vinyl, although it was still 1877. when the unfortunate Frenchman, actually his idea, for some overtaken practical Edison, who already drum plays the song'' Mary Had a Little Lamb''. Maybe I therefore lose sight of Hannibal's elephants, the harder the climb, but unaware of what awaits them in the Alps.
Go to the Roman road from Cadiz, through these hills. BC, though. Me certainly, in the third millennium, it is expected ancient Pampeluna, by raised even Roman general Pompey. Go to Pamplona, in Navarre and the Basque country quite close. I'll see the monument Hemingway, who immortalized the battle with the bulls. And running before them. Because it's not running away, although it looks like. And since only the month of May will not live to experience the grand pandemonium in the streets of this city. Was I disappointed by that? I'm not - I'm desperate! Anyway, the next day I still breathe the air stranded Atlantis, which supposedly stranded on the nearby Basque land!
I'm going to Pamplonua. In Navarre. The history of the ancient kingdom of Navarre always has been marked by its border situation with France, Castile, Aragon and Baskland. The further I see Pico d'Aneto, the highest peak of the Pyrenees. Snow. Ice. From the looks light creeps. And I went to the spring in Mougins. With the Côte d'Azur. Searching for Picasso's obsessive themes and destinations. Bulls, which will not see how run for men, in Pamplona, follow him through life. Head. Horns. Metamorphoses. Ecstasy. I'm going to the people who speaking Basque language, which after painted Apocalypse „Gernnika“, 1937. Pablo declared for '' biggest'' Baska, although he was lived in Catalan. And with Madrid city ,the Reina Sofia Museum, decades negotiate would not this amazing mural was placed in Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao.
While our growing excitement, a bend in the road through the Pyrenees never end, I look at the notebook in which I wrote down the name of the restaurant in Pamplona where Basque specialties prepared. Writes: Ansoleaga33, located in the historical center of the city.

3  Thank TravelerZrenjanin
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The great outdoors, exquisite scenery, wonderful walking or riding the bike. Following the paths of Le Tour de France was sensational.