Pyrenees National Park (Parc National des Pyrenees)
Book In Advance

from US$162.99
from US$99.99
from US$149.72
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 3, 2018

I found this national park protected sensitively. There are beautiful lakes and rivers. Forest and echo system is well maintained. I found this is one of the best place for short hiking in France.

1  Thank TejendraK1
Reviewed September 14, 2017

The visitor Center in Etsaut, of the d'Aspe Valley is a friendly, helpful place to get maps, general trail info. Worth the stop, if you are driving to the pass. We traveled by bus, from Bedous. (trained from Oloron). This small National Park Center has maps, books for plants & animals. There is a museum of natural history, and on the Ossau Bears. Worth the Stop if you are in the d'Aspe Valley. Downriver of the Plaza/bus stop; a 5 minute walk, as you enter town.Friendly, French & Spanish speaking volunteers.Website does not have this N.P. Center listed in Etsaut, Only in Bedous. We stopped in Etsaut. Bus stops are not at all listed Valley historic sites.

1  Thank Jill T
Reviewed September 14, 2016

What an adventure! just amazing! water falls and walk to the lake was great! the chair lift was a bit scary but worth it!!!

1  Thank julespep17
Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

Absolutely amazing scenery especially passing through the tops of the high cols. Many cyclists including youngsters make it look easy to cycle to the top. How do they do that? Lots of vultures and eagles. Just superb and well worth taking the drive.

3  Thank gordonj258
Reviewed August 20, 2016

Hiked for 6 days between huts and hotells. Fantastic surroundings, views, people and food. The trails were adequetly marked and it was easy to navigate. Mostly french and spanish hikers on the trails.

6  Thank Agustawaage
Reviewed August 1, 2016

We went up on the cable car to visit the mountain and it took about less than ten minutes to go up and what lovely views we had going up, we took loads of pictures. I wouldn't go up again mind you not my cup of tea.

1  Thank will0w7
Reviewed February 16, 2016

We hiked one of the trails of the national park. It wasn't well marked and we didn't manage to find it easily but the walk was worth it..Very rural, beautiful forests and fields..

3  Thank AntoinetteM199
Reviewed November 4, 2015

I wrote in my diary: I'm still in the Pyrenees. On the French side, I stepped into Spanish. The colors are the same, the sky just as deep. Cloud over noon. And a few hours before the eagle, above the tops of Sabarta. Follow me, however, consistently sound original phonographs, which was a little before Edison invented by a man born in the Iberian Fabrezan. The poet and scholar Charles Cross. I feel like I gramophone needle scratching vinyl, although it was still 1877. when the unfortunate Frenchman, actually his idea, for some overtaken practical Edison, who already drum plays the song'' Mary Had a Little Lamb''. Maybe I therefore lose sight of Hannibal's elephants, the harder the climb, but unaware of what awaits them in the Alps.
Go to the Roman road from Cadiz, through these hills. BC, though. Me certainly, in the third millennium, it is expected ancient Pampeluna, by raised even Roman general Pompey. Go to Pamplona, in Navarre and the Basque country quite close. I'll see the monument Hemingway, who immortalized the battle with the bulls. And running before them. Because it's not running away, although it looks like. And since only the month of May will not live to experience the grand pandemonium in the streets of this city. Was I disappointed by that? I'm not - I'm desperate! Anyway, the next day I still breathe the air stranded Atlantis, which supposedly stranded on the nearby Basque land!
I'm going to Pamplonua. In Navarre. The history of the ancient kingdom of Navarre always has been marked by its border situation with France, Castile, Aragon and Baskland. The further I see Pico d'Aneto, the highest peak of the Pyrenees. Snow. Ice. From the looks light creeps. And I went to the spring in Mougins. With the Côte d'Azur. Searching for Picasso's obsessive themes and destinations. Bulls, which will not see how run for men, in Pamplona, follow him through life. Head. Horns. Metamorphoses. Ecstasy. I'm going to the people who speaking Basque language, which after painted Apocalypse „Gernnika“, 1937. Pablo declared for '' biggest'' Baska, although he was lived in Catalan. And with Madrid city ,the Reina Sofia Museum, decades negotiate would not this amazing mural was placed in Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao.
While our growing excitement, a bend in the road through the Pyrenees never end, I look at the notebook in which I wrote down the name of the restaurant in Pamplona where Basque specialties prepared. Writes: Ansoleaga33, located in the historical center of the city.

4  Thank TravelerZrenjanin
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The great outdoors, exquisite scenery, wonderful walking or riding the bike. Following the paths of Le Tour de France was sensational.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

The Pyrenees are an exceptionally beautiful part of France. Some of the passes are very high and feature in the Tour de France and you can drive over them all and easily access the views and the feeling of timeless wilderness. But if you want to walk there are fabulous short, medium and long distance choices. There are many huts in the mountains where it is possible to have a 3 course lunch! They must be serviced by helicopters as no roads.
The Cirque de Gavarnie is one of the most wonderful places. You can approach it on foot or on donkey. What could be better? You can see lots of flowers and marmots.
This part of France is not as touristy as parts.

5  Thank Gabrielle L