“Heaven on Earth”
Oceanfront Deck
Villas By The Sea
Aerial View
Generic Hot Tub Pic (not your HT). Heating Info
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Thea156
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

My husband and I stayed for a week in late May. It is an amazing house and an incredibly restorative place to be. We arrived, feeling ground down by life's stresses of our jobs in NY, and unwound when we opened the door to this lovely home.

There is what is clearly all new furniture and pillows in the living room--comfortable seating for many more than the two of us. I loved the books in the bookcases. There were volumes of local interest and great summer reads others had left behind.

My husband is a serious amateur chef, and the kitchen is so well appointed with the top brands of pots, pans, and appliances, including the separate bar with its ice maker, that we were stunned. All pots and utensils were of top quality. We loved the nautical theme throughout the house, and loved the navy and white dishes and the coffee mugs that were generously large enough for a real cafe au lait!

We slept in the beige and yellow bedroom on the second floor which has its bathroom en suite. There are so many rooms to choose from. The pink and green room was also appealing--it was a tough choice. We didn't run the air conditioner at all, and were cooled be sea breezes day and night. We slept with the deck door and the window open, and were lulled by the sound of the waves.

I loved the outdoor shower and, as one who easily burns but adores the beach, I loved that I could sit on the deck and be in the shade while seeing both the beach and the ocean. This was a huge plus for me! We ate all our meals outside, reveling in the view and the changing light.

The beach was never crowded, and my husband got a fishing license and caught dinner for us for three nights--sea trout, pompano, and black drum. We also went to the fish pier in Surf City and bought fish, as well as to the shrimp pier in Sneed's Landing/Sneed's Ferry.

Food Lion and CVS were a ten minute drive away, and once we got groceries, we never left the house. The fishing license man gave us the names of great local restaurants, but we didn't want to leave the peace of the house and the ocean views.

The internet access was great, as was the cable tv, but walks along the beach were much more interesting than entertainment. The Fishing Pier is within minutes of the house, and they sell tackle, bait and dinners.

We will definitely return. If you'd like to see pictures of our vacation, google my husband's name, Richard Traub, and go to his flickr site. We will definitely return to Villas 860!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house itself--gorgeously decorated
Liked least: Leaving to return hom
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
15 Jun 2013
Wow, Thea! Thanks for such an awesome review. I am delighted to hear that your stay in this lovely home was like heaven on earth! Thanks for your patronage. It is our pleasure serving you and we are pleased to hear that you plan to return. Please let us know how we can assist you in planning your next Topsail Island getaway: 800-762-3961.

BrownieGO...
New York City, New York
“Carolina in my mind”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 for a stay in May 2012

Our stay at Mary's Place was nothing short of blissful. After graduating medical school, a bunch of friends and myself stayed for two weeks in Topsail. We went from stress and finals to "island time" in no time.

The beaches of North Topsail are some of the last deserted beaches around. I've been to some of the world's most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean and Mexico, but nothing compares to walking along the beach at sunset in Topsail. It doesn't hurt when the walk ends with happy hour in the hot tub. At low tide the beaches are huge and flat, tons of room for games, running, shell collecting.

Mary's Place has one thing that will change your life: the ICE MAKER. There is always plenty of ice for drinks, coolers, etc. It comes in very handy on hot days.

The house was cute with beachy themed rooms (I raced to stay in the pink room), well appointed kitchen appliances, and plenty of beach chairs. The outdoor shower on the ground level was awesome.

I'm not sure what some of the other reviewers are talking about when it comes to "service." It is a rental house, so you make your own beds, wash your own dishes, buy your own food and toilet paper, etc. Trust me, going to the Food Lion and buying a 12 pack of Charmin for $5.99 is no big deal. Besides, you gotta go to the Food Lion to buy your beer.

As a bunch of nerds who just graduated medical school, we were looking for a place to relax, ease our minds, and have a little fun. We did.

Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
29 Apr 2013
Dear BrownieGOmets,

Thanks so much for your very kind and candid review. Congratulations to you and your friends on your 2012 graduation! I am delighted to hear that you found the R & R you needed on Topsail and in this lovely and well-appointed home. I agree with you that Topsail’s beaches are hard to beat (and like you, I’ve been to Mexico and the Caribbean)!

It is our pleasure serving you, and we appreciate your patronage. Please let us know how we might assist you in planning your next great escape to Topsail Island: 800-762-3961. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

KY
Reviewed September 20, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

20 Sep 2012
Dear Mom,

Thanks for your review of this lovely home. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed the weather, the beach, and visiting with your family.

I am so sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. Unfortunately, we do not provide toilet paper, paper towels, soap, etc. However, starter rolls of toilet paper and paper towels are provided in the linen package that you rent, so I'm not sure why you didn't receive those. Please don't hesitate to contact the linen company (their number is on the front of the check in packet) if you do not receive these items or if the sheets you receive are ill--fitting, etc. Their staff is usually very accommodating. :-)

I sincerely apologize that some things in the home were not cleaned to your standards upon your arrival. Had you informed us about these things, we would have been glad to take care of them for you immediately.

We do ask that before check-out our guests take out their own trash and wash, dry, and put away their own dishes; however, our cleaning crews do take care of everything else. (Apparently they missed a couple of things prior to your stay. I am so sorry about that. Again, had you notified us, we would have rectified that immediately.)

We sincerely appreciate your feedback. I am happy to report that the owners have considered your review and replaced the furniture you mentioned subsequent to your stay.

At Treasure Realty, our goal is to make your stay as pleasant as possible, but our services are a bit different because we rent homes or condos and not hotel rooms. We do provide a great deal of services to over 7,000 families of renters each year. Primarily, we assist potential renters in finding the right vacation home/condo by providing up-to-date pictures of and information about the property and its location. We offer maps and directions. We take care of all of the paperwork, pool and parking passes, and the payment process. We also provide cleaning and maintenance as well as after-hours emergency on-call. We are often called upon to provide concierge services as well—we help people rent linens, grills, and other beach necessities, and we recommend local restaurants, activities, and services.

With that in mind, please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can assist you further: 800-762-3961. We appreciate your patience and your patronage, and it is our pleasure serving you.

Taylorsville NC
Reviewed July 10, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

10 Jul 2012
Hi Dudley,

Thanks for your candid review of this lovely home. I am pleased to hear that you all had a wonderful week with your family here!

I am sorry to hear that you saw some palmetto bugs during your stay. The houses do receive preventive treatments to keep pests out, so your experience is rare. However, had you notified us about this, we would have been happy to send an exterminator out to take care of that for you.

I will share your feedback about the mattresses with the very conscientious owners, and see what we can do. I know they have already replaced some of the furniture in the house since your stay. Thanks for your patience and your patronage. Please let us know how we can assist you in planning your next family vacation on Topsail: 800-762-3961.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 20, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
20 Jun 2012
Hi Kathleen,
Thanks so much for your very kind review of this lovely home and for your positive remarks about our service at Treasure Realty. We are so pleased to hear that this home exceeded your expectations and that this was one of your best vacations. It is our pleasure serving you, so let us know when you all are ready to plan your next vacation on Topsail: 800-762-3961.
PA
Reviewed May 28, 2012 for a stay in August 2011

Luxury-minded travelers
NC
Reviewed May 26, 2012 for a stay in July 2010

People with disabilities Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing