Review Highlights
Once in a lifetime experience!

Hugo P
A month later, we’ re are still under the charm

RemiFromVan
Vancouver, Canada

All reviews camel trek southern tunisia day trek star wars longer trek wonderful experience bedouin culture great food spent days desert experience bedouin tent four days cave hotel the owner first night milky way amazing days
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We didn't know what to expect and wanted to keep this adventure a little surprise.Right from the start we were well taken care of by Juanita and our driver on this 3 day adventure.We started our journey in Djerba and on our way to the desert we visited the most authentic cultural places one can ever imagine! As we slowly entered this adventure we were transported into stunning scenery and got to meet locals and tasted and enjoyed their food and culture.If you are looking to be taken away and wanting to discover old and modern Tunisian culture this is what you need to do! The trek in the desert was phenomenal as we each had our own camel.The food was amazing as well and our accomodation very comfortable.The night in the desert was very magical as we could observe the milky way as well as dancing to live arabic folk music!I am forever changed by this experience and would recommend the sahhasahara experience to everyone because you owe it to yourself!

1  Thank Hugo P
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

In early October we joined Juanita and her crew of expert local guides for a 3 day tour. From start to the end we were overwhelmed by the care that Juanita put in ensuring that we were comfortable and enjoying ourselves. We did so much in just 3 days. 4x4 driving in the desert, camel trekking, touring, visiting hidden gems that only a local would know, met locals, spent the night in a traditional Bedouin tent and dined under stars... We have not stopped talking about this trip and could definitely be tempted by joining another tour, this time further into the Sahara. Highly recommended.

1  Thank RemiFromVan
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We did their "Night in the Sahara" camel trek. We started ourside of Douz and did a camel ride for about 2 hours to our Sahara desert site. They had set up a bedouin tent for us. Our dinner was cooked in a pot buried in the sand and we also had their "sand bread" that was cooked in the coals. While we had dinner the group played some of their music. It was a wonderful experience and just perfect for someone who was not interested in doing a longer trek. Our cameleer Ali was wonderful with the camels and it was easy to see why he is one of the best. Our guide was Mounir and he was very concerned we have a great time and that all went well. And of course the night under the stars was amazing. I will add that I had a number of questions about this before and after we booked and Juanita was always prompt and very helpful with her answers. Definitely a first class operation and highly recommended.

1  Thank Scott8147
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Amazing experience, whatever you should choose it will be a great experience more than a trip: night in the desert, cities tour, archeological sites, you can't be wrong couse you are in the right hands. Juanita loves Tunisia and you will adore travelling in the real emotion of a land still able to surprise you. Special thanks to Nouri, better known as natural born GPS, and Muhammad, a guy you will not forget.

Una vacanza in Tunisia non ha senso senza l'esperienza del Sud, area rurale e desertica dove amerete l'anima più pura del luogo, della gente, della storia. Se avrete la fortuna di incontrare Nouri o Muhammad, oltre a Juanita, capirete di che si tratta. Sicurezza, attenzione, un momento di vita più che una vacanza. Proprio bello.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

Highly reomanded! We (three of us) did a desert tour with Sahha Sahara in Mai 2018. It was a livetime trip! We planded a desert overnight tour with camels, but because of an upcoming desert storm we changed it into a 3 day tour by jeep. It was just amazing! Exellent guide and driver wich showed us so many things. Swimming in a oasis hot springs, riding camel and quadbike, visiting remotet berber villages and caves with stoneage paintings. We really enjoyed the company of our driver and guide, we had every meal together (wich is not common on the most tours i did). Also the organisation and contact to the office was perfect the whole time, tank you Juanita, we will come back!

1  Thank menkepeter
Reviewed June 29, 2018

Our trip included fascinating visits to various towns throughout southern Tunisia including Tozeur, Chenini, Kebili, Tataouine and the island of Djerba. We hiked in the Atlas Mountains, camel-trekked to a remote camp in the Sahara dunes between Kebili and Douz, visited several Star Wars movie sets, and several mosques throughout the area. Our sleeping experiences were just as interesting - our first night was in a hotel in Chenini built into the side of a mountain and two nights in tents in the dunes. Juanita Reimer, the owner, was our guide throughout - her personal service was was superb, and she was a delight to travel with. Her camels are amazing, gentle and social, an indication of how well she and her crew treat them. This trip included just my daughter and me - we're going again with the rest of the family, on her 8-day camel trek.

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

This tour was the main reason why my mother and I decided to go to Tunisia on holidays, and it exceeded our expectations. Juanita is amazing, very organised and easy to reach while planning the trip and incredible to share the experience with. We took the 3 day trip to the Sahara and in those days we visited, experienced and shared with locals more than we had ever imagined we would. The highlight was riding a camel in the Sahara and spending the night with semi nomad bedouins who cooked and sang for us. Thank you Juanita and your amazing team for one of the most rewarding experiences of my life, I hope we can meet again

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Where do I start? Trying to summarise this incredible three day adventure into a few words is almost impossible!
From the very first contact, Juanita was amazing and very organised. We were picked up from our hotel on time and so began an unforgettable and epic experience for my young Son and I, being guided around amazing ancient buildings, Star Wars sets and the Sahara - on camels, in a 4x4 and on quad bikes!
We had experiences that I will never forget, from watching the sunset while riding a camel through the Sahara, to eating, singing and dancing with Bedouin tribesmen in the desert, meeting and sharing bread with a beautiful Troglodyte family, swimming in a remote oasis, shopping in busy souks, hearing stories of a tribal lifestyle I never knew existed, to meeting some of the most amazing, kind, warm hearted and generous people I have ever met in my life.
The above words does not do enough justice to the overall experience and I can not recommend Juanita, her passion for what she does, her Cameleers, native friends and every single person involved in making our trip one that we can never forget.
Thankyou for every single second. I really hope we meet again. Tunisia and the hidden wonders of the Sahara desert will now be forever in our hearts and memories.

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

I just got back from a 3 days track with Juanita and it was the most rewarding experience of my life. I highly recommend that if you want to have this incredible experience you do it with Juanita and her company because she is most caring and kind person I’ve ever met in the tourism business. She is involved with the community and she actually cares for her costumers and for the community that she is part of.
I have only wonderful things to say and awesome memories from this incredible experience.
After the tour, I went to a five stars hotel and didn’t compare to the food and the attention that I was was given during my track. Tombs up to Juanita and her team
Thank you for everything Juanita , I miss you already ❤️

Reviewed May 13, 2018

From the moment I met Juanita, I felt that she's so passionate about the Sahara desert, the camels and the Tunisian culture. I really enjoyed our talks together, she shared a lot about her experiences in Tunisia. I felt I was so lucky to meet her and share this desert experience ! She is also an amazing organizer. I have been a lot on camel treks in other countries, and it has been the first time I could stay for hours sitting on the camel without feeling uncomfortable. Juanita and her team are doing everything possible to make you feel comfortable during your whole trip. The food was super delicious ! the best food I had in Tunisia. We had own baked bread everyday! I also enjoyed to spend this trip with Ali and Maki, the cameleers, they were really nice, and funny too sometimes :) I would definitely recommend this trip, it was a wonderful experience. The 3 days trek was too short for me, next time one week trek !