All reviews lake tahoe air conditioner nice stay place to stay tv bodie bath internet
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

I’m on a three week road trip, trying to keep it affordable every night, but sometimes the older motels are just too scary to take a chance. This place is one of many wonderful exceptions. It’s old, it’s quirky, but clean and friendly and comfortable. One of the best nights I’ve had so far.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for one night on route from Tahoe to Bodie/Mono. As long as your expectations aren’t enormous it’s perfectly fine and the rooms are a good size. It’s really useful to have kitchen facilities and the little store down the road is an experience in itself. Checking was friendly and helpful, and having air con is a big plus. It wasn’t dirty at all, but our room could just have done with a bit of freshening up. I’d stay again and it’s on the better end of average.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

I absolutely loved this hotel. The fact that the proprietor was warm and welcoming and there are not many rooms and each one is designed in a theme. It reminds me of the 50s simplicity but very clean and well appointed and super quiet. I loved everything about it and the ease of having a restaurant with good food across the street really added to this place for me.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2017

Nice motel with very friedly staff. The motel is a 50's style Motel, good, clean and with love maintained.
There are different theme rooms (USA, ...).
Nearby there are two restaurants and a small supermarket.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2017

I did not expect much for the area I was staying in, but this worked out just fine. It is not modern by any means, had good internet and the TV was a flat screen. It was clean and that is the most important item for me. I only need a clean room and comfortable bed to sleep in. One thing that would help is if the staff turned on the air conditioner prior to guest arrival. I went out and got something to eat and spent some time by the river as it took a couple of hours for the room to cool down.

Room Tip: Request that the turn on the A/C prior to your arrival in the summer months.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple