All reviews kitchen area convenient location onsen town free shuttle traditional ryokan yudanaka station the bus snow monkey park pools fridge slippers towels shoes floor mountains baths
Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

Located very close to the station which made it an easy base to explore from. Also did a day trip to Obuse from here.

Hotel is older but rooms are huge and onsen is great. I went late at night and was always the only one there. It's open all night.

I didn't realise that it's a set breakfast and they came up to my room to get me. Breakfast was average but very filling.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here. The size of our room was a pleasant surprise and the Japanese style room was cosy and warm.
The hotel itself could really do with a little TLC and as its summer it felt like we were the only people there!
The town is pretty empty of things to do other than the monkeys but they were amazing! And the foot bath by the station was a nice surprise find!
The best part of this place was the Onsen in the hotel! It was HUGE and had lots of different pools of different temperatures! It's used by the locals as well as hotel guests so at some times it was quite busy but as it was open all night you could go late if your worries about being naked around others!
All in all a nice place for one night to relax and see the monkeys :)

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2016

The hotel itself is pretty average and is showing it's age but our room was clean and comfortable with free wifi in the room.
One minute walk to station and close to restaurants in town. This seems to be a locals hotel and there is little English spoken here but the staff are very helpul. The Onsen is heavily used by locals not staying at the hotel and Tattoos are not banded here unlike most Onsens in Japan.

Room Tip: Room 307 had wifi
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2016

It is close to the train station and cheap. I booked here because it was the only non-smoking room I could find online. Although my room did not smell of smoke, the hotel entrance foyer is a smoking area. So, all patrons are forced through a cloud of toxic smoke every time they enter or exit the building. Hotel is run down although the staff were helpful. The large onsen was not very clean. If I return to this village I will spend more for a nicer place.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2015

Pros: Really good value for money. You will get off the train at the station and staff will point you in the direction of the hotel which is literally a 1 minute walk.
It's close to the Snow Monkey park (we walked to avoid the busy buses and it took us about an hour each way, the bus will take you there from the train station a lot quicker). It's about 15mins on a free bus to Ryuoo Ski Park.
The room was very warm and cosy, we had 4 people staying in one room and it didn't feel cramped at all.
The onsens in the hotel were delightful plus the staff are super friendly.

Cons: No free wifi in the rooms & only in the foyer which very pretty annoying.

Stayed: January 2015