“Good quality at a price”
Review of The Midland

The Midland
Ranked #11 of 58 Restaurants in Marple
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This premium pub, bar, and restaurant is the ideal place to enjoy a spot of al fresco dining during the summer months. After all, there is nothing better than a sun-drenched cocktail in the sunshine. Allowing you to dine in style overlooking the idyllic River Goyt, The Midland offers a fantastic menu incorporating a wide variety of starters, mains, light bites, sharing platters, and devilish desserts. You’ll be spoilt for choice and even the toughest food critics will be suitably impressed! We are also a child friendly establishment, so please feel free to bring your little ones along. If you’re driving, there is also plenty of car parking available.
Reviewed November 6, 2018

The Midland is fairly regular haunt of mine and the recent makeover was overdue. The décor is fresh and the ambience is good, as is (in the main) the food although the bill is slightly pricey due to the cost of drinks. the Midland has always been one of the more expensive pubs in the area to drink in. The waiting on staff are usually friendly and helpful and the menu is varied with plenty of choice My observations cover several visits and the quality of food can vary at times and portion size has been an issue but on average I would say it is worth a visit.

Date of visit: September 2018
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Hello StockportBlueboy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on your recent visits to The Midland. I am happy to hear you think highly of our staff, I’m sure they will be more than grateful to hear they are leaving a good impression on our guests! As for the portion sizes of our meals, our chefs always try to follow the spec precisely, keeping consistent with every dish.

I do hope you visit us again soon and sample some more off our varied menu!

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Don’t let the external look of the building put you off this place, inside is very well decorated and is much fancier then I expected.
The service was good and staff very friendly, the location is great and the look and feel is also very nice.
We both had the 3 meat mixed Sunday roast (3 meats - beef, chicken, pork), when it arrived it looked amazing!
Feedback - because we got the mix we only got 1 small slice of meat for each (a small leg of chicken), the veg was mixed - consisted of carrots (delicious) beetroot (delicious and then some mixed leafy greens with spring onions (not so great). I love roast potatoes but these were very big and hard...very disappointed. Also, if of liked a small pot of gravy (I’m northern, I love gravy).
If I was to go again I’d definitely try something else on the menu as quality was nice, just wasn’t to my taste - however I feel like Sunday roasts are a very personal and particular taste, everyone likes them different.
Really nice place though, the rest of the menu sounded good too!

Date of visit: November 2018
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Hello Victoria!

I am really happy to hear some of your positive views of our restaurant and I am glad that overall you had a lovely experience. I am curious to know what you didn’t like about our external design so we can make some improvements for the future! As for our interior decoration, we just had a refurbishment in March 2018 so we are looking very up to date.

Our Roast Trio is one of the more popular roasts on a Sunday. I completely understand the need for more gravy so we’ve got you covered! Our menu states that we offer bottomless gravy to our guests so all you have to do is ask for more & we will happily provide! As for the fresh veggies & potatoes I can only apologise for them not being up to our usual standards & I will pass this information onto our chefs. I’m certain had you raised this issue with a member of my team they would have been more than happy to replace your potatoes & get you extra vegetables!

I hope you enjoyed your visit to The Midland and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon so you can sample some more off our menu!

Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times, sat outside in summer and last time indoors. Friendly staff, good quality food. It is dog friendly. One of our favourite places in area when we visit family

Date of visit: October 2018
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Hi Marian,

It’s so lovely to hear how often you visit us here at The Midland. I am glad you are receiving consistently great service and food every time you dine with us! We are more than welcoming when it comes to having our little (or large) furry friends visit us. Don’t hesitate to ask us for a water bowl or some dog biscuits & we will no doubt provide!

Reviewed October 24, 2018

I had a family meal here in celebration of a birthday. When we first arrived there was a bottle of Prosecco on the house ! The interior is cosy and welcoming. The service and staff are wonderful and very helpful. We had a 3 course and the food is lovely, well cooked and well worth the price. It makes a nice change to get your moneys worth so I am very happy.
Would definitely recommend and return.

Date of visit: October 2018
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Hi Helen,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write us such a brilliant review! I’m extremely pleased to read what a lovely experience you had dining with us at The Midland. We are always happy to make our guest’s celebrations that little bit extra special!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon, I hope we can celebrate many more birthdays with you!

Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

Recently visited with a group of 8 people. The service was brilliant and all of the meals were spot on. Great work guys - will be back again soon.

1  Thank Bourkymarty

Hi Bourkymarty,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, hope to see you again soon

Alex