All reviews nice chill at home the owner vince beaches
Reviewed February 15, 2017

Because I purchased land in Marbella several years ago, I have visited Guanacaste many times but have never stay at Cada Luna Cabins. I flew into Liberia and because the flight arrived so late at night, I rented a car and drove to Santa Cruz. The road from Liberia to Santa Cruz is a only lane paved road and is fine, but sometimes trying to drive at night when the paved road ends and you still have about 15 miles on the dirt road to Marbella can be difficult)

I arrived to Cada Luna Cabins and was greeted by Vincent (the owner) and he showed me to my room and answered all my questions. The place is well designed and very nice. This place gives you a nice safe place sleep and still keeps you connected with nature. You can hear the sounds of the birds, frogs, and other animals in the morning and you even get the visiting gecko in your room crawling on the walls to remind you that you are really in the forest and they live there and you are visiting. Marbella is still a small sleepy surfer town where you can rent a board and catch a wave or two. There is increasing development all around so it is growing, but at a slow pace. You can take walks along the black sand beaches and watch the surfers. The Cada Luna is about a 10 minute walk to the beach and the Tiki Hut restaurant and bar and about the same to the Marbella town center. The Cada luna has showers and ceiling fans in each room, and a community fridge and cooking area just outside the rooms. There is also a relax sofa area with bar and music and light for those who just want to sit outside. It was hot during my visit and the fan helped but because of the larger windows and sliding doors the rooms heat up quickly during the day and take a while to cool down. I would have slept with the bathroom window open but there were no screens in them so I did not want to take a chance with insects and other crawling things. To cool down just take a shower and keep the fan on. The wifi worked great and I enjoyed my 3 night stay. Nice place to stay while in Marbella.

Room tip: all rooms are good....depends on how many are going to sleep per room because most rooms have extra beds in the loft area
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

It's not far from the town I'd say about 600 mtrs so you can walk for lunch or dinner and it's about 1 km from the beach. Very clean rooms and no ac where I stayed but fans were enough, quiet maybe about 400 mtrs from main street so you wont hear many car noises at night, good place for resting and Vince is great as well.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2017

I stay 3 nights at Cada Luna, it is a comfortable place with a great location, the owner is a super friendly, accessible person and knows a lot about the surrounding beaches.
I just fell in love and definitely recommend the place to stay in Marbella. Close to the cabins are beaches like Marbella and San Juanillo.
Cada Luna is an oasis in the forest of Guanacaste!

Room tip: I was only in one room, but I think they are all similar, it is a quiet place
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2016

The rooms were gorgeous and clean and the host was very friendly. Overall a great experience! The loft style rooms were fun and saved space, common kitchen and lounge area were very helpful. Felt very at home here. Bit of a hike to the beach but the road is quiet and the scenery is great so not a big deal.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2015

I stayed at Cada luna 2 days with my boyfriend. As soon as we saw that place we felt in love immediately!!! Very cool accommodation and if you want outdoor there is a kitchen so you are able to cook your own food. Vincent, the owner, made breakfast for us and it was really unexpected. It was so good!! We really appreciated it. I highly recommend it for a lovely stay in Marbella.

Date of stay: November 2015