All reviews french restaurant la vista public onsen ramen little bit japanese western style cool down snow covered open air hotel is situated a late night snack national park seafood ice cream rice great onsen summer
Reviewed June 25, 2018

This hotel was right in Asahidake park, near the ropeway. I can't say enough about how beautiful the area is.

Our room was big and comfortable, and they had an area where you could pick up extra things like the kind of pillow you wanted. The bathroom was actually very nice, with a good-sized shower. It was NOT like all the other hotels we stayed at in Hokkaido with the Japanese style bathrooms that are the size and feel of a camping trailer bathroom. About the food. I agree with the other poster about the dinner being very well prepared and looking exquisite, but my issue with it was that they served a fixed menu with zero options, so for instance if you didn't like the one appetizer served to you, too bad, you just didn't eat an appetizer. The breakfast buffet was amazing.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2018

This really was the whole package, from room to service to food to the scenery and every little detail. This was my first time visiting Hokkaido and first time staying at an onsen hotel so didn't know what to expect. Everything there exceeded my expectations. The food came in like 10 courses and each exquisitely prepared. They didn't cheap out on the buffet breakfast like most hotels and even had a little grill for the fish for each table. The property is in a beautiful location, we went in the depth of winter and walked around in the snow for hours, stunning scenery with hardly anyone around. During the night it snowed a lot and just when I was moaning about having to clear the snow from our rental car, I went outside to find that they've already cleared it for everyone. They don't have as many onsens as some other hotels but the onsen area is really nice with high-end products. I can't say enough good things about this place!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

It was a pleasure to find such a great place in such a remote and secluded area of Japan. The rooms are pretty modest but very clean. Wi fi everywhere. Perfect hospitality with tea, coffee, ice cream... all day at the lobby. Food was good and the "onsen" outstanding.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

It's nestled in the National Park, beautiful place. The best is part of this hotel is the private onsen at no additional charge. Beautiful dinner and sumptuous breakfast. A short walk from the ropeway is another plus. A complete manual coffee set is available in the room. Service is okay, pretty basic for Japanese standard.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Our family of 4 stayed in La Vista for 1-night as part of experiencing the Daisetsuzan area in our first visit to Hokkaido and we have found our stay at La Vista an awesome experience.
Parking is free and right beside the hotel entrance.
Hotel is situated very close to the Daisetsuzan ropeway, around 2-mins drive which is convenient for a 2-hour trekking to the Sugatani pond trail before going back to the hotel for dinner.
Check-in was easy and smooth,
The teppanyaki dinner plan was ready at 1730 and the food was excellent, the main meat included beef, pork, chicken and veggies for the teppanyaki and a seafood nabe pot with our favourite crab meat.
We went to the public onsen afterwards which was open air. The timing was excellent as there was only a few guests at the onsen around 8-ish and I virtually had the onsen to my own in the men"s section. After the onsen the hotel also provided popsicles to help you cool down, this was really a sweet gesture.
Another surprise provided by the hotel is a late night snack in the form of Asahikawa style ramen from 2245-2330, it is in the same restaurant that served the Teppanyaki dinner and you get a number for your party for the ramen serving, the ramen was chewy and very delicious, portion was just enough for snack.
The surprise does not end, the breakfast buffet was also excellent, they had ikura (salmon roe) and button shrimps for sashimi and I filled my bowl with rice and salmon roe to my satisfaction! They provided a small grill for further cooking the food to your liking like salmon, mackerel, and I saw some tables grilling the sashimi shrimps!!

Overall, La Vista Daisetsuzan stay was a nice surprise which we did not expect, the food quality and staff service was superb and surely RECOMMENDED!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family