All reviews western style nice view lake view dinner onsen
Reviewed May 17, 2017

We stayed two nights here and every aspect was delightful - and we didn't mind the drizzle, it was so comfortable in our Japanese-style tatami room with a great view of the lake. The staff were very polite and attentive from the time of our arrival until departure. Our meals were served in the restaurant and were high quality with a few western influences at dinner that worked quite well. The onsen were great. We loved the place.

Room Tip: A view of the lake from your room would be perfect but other rooms look into the forest.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful. The interior is simply lovely, there is such a lot of thought put into all the details, everything is traditional is yet so well kept, every room had a slightly different sliding door design and we loved the designs of all of them. The furniture is new with a traditional touch, those chairs are beautiful in the dining area. Breakfast was great and we were so sad we missed dinner due to arriving late due to an unforeseen roadwork, but the hotel was kind enough to send some rice balls and hot tea to our room. The surroundings were gorgeous in fall. Great service too.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2015

This hotel is situated in the woods and facing the lake. It is beautiful hotel with so many trees around, and the creek run in front of the hotel. Our room has the lake view. No traffic and lots of song birds. It's so solitude. There is a trail, for ten minutes you can walk to the lake. The food was very good and room is clean and comfortable. Huge lounge with free wifi. Even though there was no night life but it was quiet and romantic.

Room Tip: Room at higher floor got better lake view.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I read a lot of review about this hotel and since the rating is good so I decided to book this hotel. Though I went there in mid November and no more red leaves in Akita area, the view from the hotel is still very good. I can see very clearly the Towada lake from my room and from the main entrance of the hotel. It is just 15 mins drive from the hotel to the Towada lake JR bus station. The building is very elegant and I really love the smell of the wood inside. Onsen and Food also very good. Moreover, I am very impressed by the service of the hotel, it happened that after I left the hotel and back to Tokyo, I found that I have left my muffler inside the hotel room. I immediately contact the hotel through its facebook and asked them whether they can send back the muffler to me (to my home country). Although they haven't sent any parcel outside Japan before, they made their best effort and keep updating me the process. And today I received their parcel, with my muffler packed very neatly. Thanks a lot for their effort.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stumbled on this hotel while exploring the beautiful scenery of Lake Towada. Although we only speak English the front desk clerk was able to communicate well. Our room was generously sized and accommodated 3 adults. We chose a twin (2 full size beds) with a sofa bed. Our rate was 68,000 yen per person and included dinner AND breakfast! We missed dinner but enjoyed a delicious (we were given the choice of Western or Japanese style, the primary difference is rice or bread) breakfast on Noritake China.

• Stayed: July 2013