All reviews massage chair living room plum wine fireplace lounge other guests min bus ride dry room cooked breakfast ski fields welcoming place every morning ramen memorable stay yogurt night stay ski gear rice
Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

2 nights at Skala for snowboarding trip was made all the better by staying here. Amazing service, so polite and thoughtful. 15 min walk through the woods for Happy One lifts and only 20 min bus ride to Happo47/Goryu which is free and leaves from the front door. Enjoyed sipping beers bought from the vending machine and listening to local trio on the piano, trumpet and drums in the lounge by the fire as we planned the next days' ride. Only 15 mins walk from Echo Land with great bars and restaurants. Took the recommendation for restaurant and loved it. Cannot rate this place high enough. We will return.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fatmuscle
Reviewed December 13, 2016 via mobile

We stay in Grove Inn Skala just this Dec for 2 nights. The inn was nice and cozy, the owners are simply fantastic and service was impeccable. We had two lovely dinners cooked by the lady boss and her creme brûlée was out of this world! The owners offered to drive us to many places and their location is about 10 mins walk through the woods from the jumping station used in a Winter Olympics. They are surrounded by the magnificent views of the mountains. We really couldn't ask for more.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

Warm welcome and genuine service received from Osamu san and Asako san. And thank you Miwa san for the ride to the station!

Great food!!!! Crisp clean rooms!!!!! We had a lovely experience and will definitely be back!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2016

I recently climbed Mt.Shirouma (2933m). First I thought to stay at a mountain hut at the foot of the mountain to start early in the morning. But I checked carefully near-by hotels and found this one. This is a very beautiful house and 6 course dinner was superb. Next morning they gave me a ride to the departure point Sarukura. It took 40 minutes. This was very generous because it cost 3800 yen by taxi or 1000 yen by bus. Though this package does not include breakfast, they stopped at a convenience store to let me get some food. This way I could avoid to sleep at a crowded hut and had a gourmet dinner instead of mediocre meal of a mountain hut. In addition the difference of the cost is very slight. I definetely recommend this package for mountaineers.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2016

I recently stayed at Grove Inn Skala for one night. What a delightful inn. The service was exceptional. The innkeeper and his family were extremely welcoming and accommodated my every need. The hotel is clean and well maintained. I was given a recently renovated bedroom and couldn't be happier with the comfort level. The renovation is superb.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business