All reviews river view yen meals dinner experience onsen
Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

Nice service, yummy food , and good onsen

Nice service nice staff, english ok
Yummy food, a lot of food, can't eat all!

Big clean room with private bathroom, river view

3 public onsen with 1 open air
Also have private onsen for 1 hour per 3000 yen

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night. The room was spacious and clean while the Service was attentive and prompt. This level of professionalism was apparent from the front desk to the dining areas where the staff try their utmost to meet and anticipate your needs. Please note that Dinner and Breakfast are normally part of the experience. During the course of the meals, service staff will explain the significance of each dish, in Japanese of course. Just smile and appreciate the due courtesy being accorded to you.

For first timers to the concept of Onsen, the staff will take pains to explain the process so that you do not feel out of place. The greenery and tranquility were totally surreal. I would recommend this establishment though it may cost a little more.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is 5 minutes walk from train station. Actually at first I didn't make the appointment with the hotel about my arrival. But when I reached the train station the hotel staff was waiting for us for the pick up service. We were really surprised and appreciate such a services. But there is nothing to do around the hotel area just sleep eat and enjoy the onsen. But I really love it.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2015

My family of 4 decided to try a typical Onsen hotel in the Minakami area and are really pleased to have picked this. From the moment we arrived till the moment we left, we experienced warm Japanese hospitality at its best. We were a little concerned as to whether any English was spoken but need not have worried - one of the managers at the Reception spoke perfect English and took good care of us and even upgraded our room!
The room itself and the amenities provided was excellent and the indoor and outdoor onsen were also very good.
We had the Kaiseki meal there and it was a banquet that we would remember for quite a while. What's more - my son has food allergies and having notified them when we checked in, when we arrived for dinner, the waitress already had been told and any foods that my son couldn't have had already been substituted with something else. That I think is outstanding service!
The Japanese breakfast was also an experience. it wasn't buffet style; instead, everyone individually had a large array of small dishes that we had to work through.
I would definitely be returning the next time we visit Minakami!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This ryokan is excellent. You have a view of the river and mountains. The staff are genuinely friendly and treat foreign guest just like Japanese guest. The food is wonderful. You can try local river fish and local specialties. It was a great chance to try new flavors. The baths are large and clean. A family bath is available for an extra charge. A really relaxing and beautiful place.

• Stayed: June 2014