Miyoshino Sakuraan(Yoshino-cho)
Book now, pay at stay
US$205
US$142
    Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$192/night.

Yumoto Hounoya(Yoshino-cho)
    Taikoban(Yoshino-cho)
    Taikoban Kam Kam(Yoshino-cho)
    Sakoya(Yoshino-cho)
    • Restaurant
    All reviewsacross the roadgreat viewtrain stationwarm hospitalityfood was amazingoff seasontatami matslogsinkforestlobbyhostropewayonsenyukatajapancountryside
    Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

Quiet mountain village. Hot onsen. Spacious, traditional japanese rooms. Very zen. Very nice host. I loved our stay here after coming from what felt like a sleeping capsule in tokio and seoul city hotels. Food was superb (and cheap). Again, the staff was super friendly and helpful. Would recommend and definitely coming back

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Steven H
    Reviewed July 29, 2016

I have never experienced such warm hospitality. The hosts made us feel at home and welcome. The ryokan is very cozy, and Yoshino is absolutely beautiful. A lot of great temples there. Wonderful experience for me and my sister. Hope to stay here again someday.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
    1  Thank Josh N
    Reviewed July 28, 2016

I endorse every good review of this place. In its way one of the best places I have ever stayed.
    To get there. Take the Yoshino-Kintetsu line all the way to the end. Yoshino is a well known place and the people at the railways are very good. Walk up a kilometer or so of paved switchback road and you will be at the Ryokans front door. Or take the cable train up the hill, turn right as you come out, go about 100 yards and cross the little red bridge. Ryokan will be on the left just before the road intersection.
    Wonderful owners, good food, comfortable, peaceful.
    Huge room for Japan. AC worked well but it was not that hot once the sun went down. Shut it off, opened my windows and let the forest five feet away breathe into the room. Woke to the birds singing and mist in the trees.
    Spotlessly clean.
    The building reminds me of a simple North Woods cabin or Colorado ski chalet with lovely hot tub facilities. Only thing lacking is a view from the outside pools.
    Bottom line I would go back there in a heartbeat! The town is tiny and rolls up the sidewalks at 5PM, or even sooner, so don't expect much of anything in the way of night life.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
    1  Thank ctuna
    Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

We arrived and had not pre booked dinner (definitely required in July - maybe not in April when things are busier) but this did not deter Kato - we were welcomed with beautiful tea and were offered some Japanese style noodles for dinner which, after a short walk around the town, we ate with delight... Delicious. Beautiful room, perfectly clean, wonderful onsen at night under the night sky (onsen switches sex every day... The one on the right is a bit larger!) fantastic host with a wonderful charm. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Fred I
    Reviewed June 11, 2016 via mobile

The family that owns and operates the hotel are hard working and so nice.
    My wife and I missed the last cable car up the mountain our first night here, and she came and picked us up down the mountain. We also got in late , and most dinner places were already closed, and she brought dinner to our room. I am very impressed with the hospitality here, and we have traveled all over the world . I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone out there thinking of visiting Japan .
    Beautiful place !