All reviews spacious room modern hotel top floor ocean view shirahama beach nice view two nights public bath booked this hotel gift shop great hotel japanese style room private onsen high end hot bath little bit train station
Reviewed July 25, 2018

We traveled to Shirahama to spend a few days on the beach before returning home. The hotel is situated on top of a hill and provides spectacular views of the bay. The Onsen on the top level is vert comfortable and a great place to view the sunset.

The bar at the ground level is a good spot to try a top-shelf Japanese Whisky, properly served.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bay view. Some rooms have an outdoor bath on the balcony!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Stay there for 2 nights. 5 mins walk to beach. Beach is wonderful. You can rent a electric bike from hotel to tour around.

We rent a Japanese style room facing the sea the view is spectacular.

Most staff can speak simple English.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Checked in Jun 28 n out on July 1 there was an onsen in my my spacious room . My brother stayed in a single room which was huge too! Beautiful ocean view !
In the room the TV program were only in Japanese even CNN! The mattress was comfrey . The air con was perfect ( not blowing to the face)!
The hotel was clean and quiet . The staffs were friendly and helpful. It just took 10 min walk to the beach. Great location!
The breakfast had a wide variety and fairly good quality. The waiter held fresh hot croissants to serve customers !
I
However, there wasn’t complimentary bottle water for my brother’s single room! Surprise it happened in Marriott!
There is an hot spring onsen with a nice view to the beach , both indoor and outdoor but no cold water pool , sauna or steam bath! In the changing room , I was disappointed to find no Q tip, razor,toothbrush , shaving cream , aftershave lotion or big bath towels which are quite commonly found in most Japan hot spring onsen changing room! Again I don’t think it should be happened in Marriott !
I was frustrated to find out the in room hot bath tub was built next to the window without shower next to it! I couldn’t enjoy a cold shower in between dipping into the hot tub ! The worse part was I had to dry my body after the hot tub then walked across my room for the shower ! I want my money back !!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2018

Nanki shirahama is not famous place then osaka and kyoto line.
Nanki shirahama beach is beautiful ever, also a great zoo 'adventure world' place in shirahama area.
Nanki shirahma marriott is one of great hotel in shirahama area, balanced price position.
Goodest Breakfast, view, room condition, service, recognition for marriott member.
Even hotel has lounge for gold and platinum members suggest Japaness beer and wine.

I guarantee you must be fall in love with onsen with great view.

- Pros
good value
great view with onsen
great public bath
lounge for marriott platinum member
warm greeting

- Cons
little far from shirarahama beach
hotel placed at hills

난키시라하마는

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Extraordinary810031
Reviewed June 9, 2018

Location: The property sits on a slope overlooking the whitesand Shirahama beach. Taxi from JR station is 1600-2000 yen, if you don't drive, busy a day bus pass Yen1100 get off at Shirahama beach stop and walk up the slope for 5 mins. Best to drive in Shirahama. After drop off our bag, we walked to beach to enjoy the sun and sand. great location to drive or take bus to see the coastal geo features.

Service: Very friendly,professional and helpful staff. A great team, esp the Front Desk staff. Some even have to help out in the restaurant . Very good memory Yukka-san remembered us.

Room: Ocean view room if rate is within your budget. our room comes with an Onsen with sweeping ocean view and gorgeous sunset. Afternoon in the onsen can be hot, since our room facing West, clean, good amenities, nice teabag!!!(TWG)

Hotel is rather big, Pool is only open July & Aug. One Restaurant in casual ambience offers both Western and Japanese cuisine. Choices is limited. Mainly courses. My a la carte Teppanyaki beef was delicious. Breakfast is good with a good spread. on Ground (1/F) floor, there is a Marriott lounge and a bar lounge.

We are very satisfied with the level of service and enjoyed a relaxed weekend. We shall return
The garden is beautiful

Room Tip: Seaview... If you could afford a room with private onsen
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple