“Timeless moments ”
Review of Nomado Cafe

Nomado Cafe
Ranked #5 of 163 Restaurants in Yakushima-cho
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

A small restaurant/cafe but full of intimate details & delicate flavors. Lunch & desserts with tea/coffee.

Reviewed August 16, 2015

We went at 4.15pm and they still served us the set lunch menu which we were grateful for. The food was really delicious (the set menu was asian style chicken, and butter chicken curry which my partner and I shared) and the price was reasonable. It made a nice change from the predominantly Japanese food of Yakushima.

Reviewed April 16, 2015

The Thai style cuisine was an interesting variation to the local dishes. The cafe itself is pleasant and cool, owners speak some English. They also make good coffee.

Reviewed September 14, 2014

This is a beautiful charming modern place.
The food is great. Service is very slow, so take your time.
They have books to read and sandals and other items to sell.
A great idea to spend a couple of hours and relax.
Very nice owners.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I read about this one on trip advisor so thought we'd check it out. It really is a lovely place. Nice big sign on the road to guide you in, with a beautiful little garden surrounding it, and relaxing interior with co fy chairs. Friendly service, and delicious food. We had the butter chicken, which seemed to have more chickpeas than chicken, but was flavorful and hearty. I got the regular size, but you can pay 150 yen more to get a slightly bigger portion of everything, recommended if you're a tall viking like my partner. It came with delicious whole grain type crackers with a homemade cream cheese of Yakushima tankan orange. I regret that I didn't ask for another order of that! The desserts were awesome too, and they have some local crafts and other fun things for sale.

Definitely don't miss this place while you're on Yakushima!

1  Thank DameEyola