Casa Rainbow Canyon
Hotel Villa Los Candiles(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$68
Studio Hotel(Santa Ana)
US$92
US$82
Agoda.com
Hotel Luisiana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$29
Villa Arboleda(Santa Ana)
US$79
Hotel Posada Canal Grande(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$36
Orbitz.com
Vista Canyon Inn(Santa Ana)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My partner and me stayed for just one night and loved it! Wayne, the charming owner and host has designed & created a gorgeous place in a quiet off the beaten track location just outside San Jose. Wayne very generously picked us up from San Jose airport and also collected us from a local restaurant after our meal and also drove me to the next town when I wanted to explore a bit. What service! The breakfast was wonderfully prepared by the lovely Jose, who works for Wayne. We had a lovely bedroom over looking the swimming pool & the canyon with a waterfall, which made for a superb experience!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This place is PERFECT! We arrived in San Jose and were picked up at the airport and taken to the Guest house/Hotel by the owner Wayne. He was friendly, knowledgeable and very easy to get along with. As we drove up to the property along a narrow road off the beated path we were a little skeptical but when the gates opened they revealed a georgus costa rican mansion built on the side of a cliff overlooking a beautiful canyon.
We stayed in the Toucan Room and we were very pleased. We were struck by the beautiful and high hardwood ceilings. The room was big, with a comfortable queen sized bed, a table and chairs, TV, bar and a very good sized balcony overlooking the pool and the canyon. The bathroom was large and luxurious and had a window in the shower overlooking the canyon. The food was great- We had a HUGE breakfast every morning that was included in our room rate as well as two dinners which were a very reasoable price. We were fortunate to be there for New Years Eve and loved the festivities. which included a fantastic buffet style dinner and champagne.
The owner and staff all go above and beyond to make your stay 5 star.
I guarantee that the next time we are in Costa Rica we will definately be staying at the Casa Rainbow Canyon.
Thank you Wayne!

Room Tip: If you are planning a longer stay the apartments have a kitchen/livingroom and bedroom and have beautiful balconies over looking the canyon. The Toucan room was awesome for us in size and location and has a great balcony. There is also a room which opens up directly to the pool and deck. Unlike a big resort, the place is only 8 rooms so no matter where you are you are in a great location. Make sure to inquire before you book to be sure you get what you want and need.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I went to Costa Rica on Business at the last minute and was lucky enough to find Casa Rainbow Canyon online a few days before! It was rainy season so fortunately they had vacancy. Wayne picked me up at the airport, filled me in on things around San Jose and got me to his B&B safe and sound. I had only had one night planned but through my trip I came back 3 times because it was so peaceful there. Hidden away from the hustle and bustle of the city it sits at the end of a street tucked away on the edge of the canyon.
Wayne and Gabo took great care of me, my room was perfect, slept well and woke early to take and outdoor shower and have my coffee on the patio! I would reccomend this B&B to all travelers who want peace and quiet and great hospitatlity!
Loved it!
Scott

Room Tip: I liked my room on the pool level!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Unfortunately I only got to stay one night at this beautiful B&B.. I wish I could have stayed longer.. It is one of the nicest and most beautiful B&B's I have ever stayed in and the bed was so luxurious that I slept like a baby... and that doesn't happen often. The property has a nice pool and a beautiful view. Wayne is such a warm, thoughtful and attentive host. You will feel like you found a new friend in Costa Rica. I really appreciated the airport service too.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Wayne is such a sweetheart!! There isn't anything he wouldn't do to accommodate his guests. Casa Rainbow Canyon is a beautiful property in a quiet serene setting just far enough away from San Jose but close enough to still enjoy when you want. Wayne's spacious Mediterranean-style home is gorgeous and his attention to detail is showcased throughout his home. This carries forward into the hot delicious breakfast featured each morning, complimentary airport pickup, natural landscaping and the intimately private pool area. Go & enjoy, you'll LOVE it!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple