Casa Rainbow Canyon
Hotel Villa Los Candiles(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$87
US$83
Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$94
Studio Hotel(Santa Ana)
US$90
US$75
Agoda.com
Hotel Casa Alegre / Posada Nena(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$66
Hotel Luisiana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$43
US$161
US$117
Out of Bounds Hotel(Escazu)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$51
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 26, 2012

It's kind of difficult to explain Casa Rainbow Canyon (CRC) if you've never had the pleasure of experiencing it first hand. From the first email to make my reservation, to my first night after a grueling 8 hour flight, the folks at CRC made my experience exceptional and memorable. The house is simply gorgeous and personally designed by Wayne, the proprietor, who was warm and inviting and made the experience more like going home to see an old friend than a sterile hotel visit hosted by a stuffy staff. Alejandro, Wayne's right-hand man, has to be the hardest working, most attentive person I have ever met; he is never without his charming smile or a willingness to provide 5 star service, is simply the easiest person to fall in-love with, oh and is an amazing cook to boot (you have to ask him to make you pinto)! Anthony, their latest addition, was also very attentive; he was always willing to take me out for a night on the town or to the bar down the road; allowing me to be completely comfortable in a country where my spanish was easily rivaled by a 5 year old. The funny thing is, I hesitate to write a review at all, only due to the fact that I want to keep this jewel to myself. However, the CRC deserves to be expereinced by everyone, so if you are looking for a unique, and amazing experience while you are in Costa Rica, then you really do want to stay at Casa Rainbow Canyon.

A couple things to note: it's about a 15 minute drive from San Jose, which was just fine to me; Alejandro will pick you up/drop you off at the airport, as well as, drive you to and from San Jose, etc; they have wi-fi (which totally surprised me for some reason); there is a beautiful pool; a full bar; it's gay-owned and operated; and houses one hilarious parrot named Tita.

When you go, you'll be amazed, rejuvenated, and will have found a new place that you can't wait to get back to!

Room Tip: Each room has it's own name, I stayed in the "Iguana Room", it was perfect, over looked the pool and the canyon, and was fully equipted with a tv, small frig, ceiling fan, ac, and bathroom. The room was very large and two people would easily be comfortable in it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My partner and me stayed for just one night and loved it! Wayne, the charming owner and host has designed & created a gorgeous place in a quiet off the beaten track location just outside San Jose. Wayne very generously picked us up from San Jose airport and also collected us from a local restaurant after our meal and also drove me to the next town when I wanted to explore a bit. What service! The breakfast was wonderfully prepared by the lovely Jose, who works for Wayne. We had a lovely bedroom over looking the swimming pool & the canyon with a waterfall, which made for a superb experience!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This place is PERFECT! We arrived in San Jose and were picked up at the airport and taken to the Guest house/Hotel by the owner Wayne. He was friendly, knowledgeable and very easy to get along with. As we drove up to the property along a narrow road off the beated path we were a little skeptical but when the gates opened they revealed a georgus costa rican mansion built on the side of a cliff overlooking a beautiful canyon.
We stayed in the Toucan Room and we were very pleased. We were struck by the beautiful and high hardwood ceilings. The room was big, with a comfortable queen sized bed, a table and chairs, TV, bar and a very good sized balcony overlooking the pool and the canyon. The bathroom was large and luxurious and had a window in the shower overlooking the canyon. The food was great- We had a HUGE breakfast every morning that was included in our room rate as well as two dinners which were a very reasoable price. We were fortunate to be there for New Years Eve and loved the festivities. which included a fantastic buffet style dinner and champagne.
The owner and staff all go above and beyond to make your stay 5 star.
I guarantee that the next time we are in Costa Rica we will definately be staying at the Casa Rainbow Canyon.
Thank you Wayne!

Room Tip: If you are planning a longer stay the apartments have a kitchen/livingroom and bedroom and have beautiful balconies over looking the canyon. The Toucan room was awesome for us in size and location and has a great balcony. There is also a room which opens up directly to the pool and deck. Unlike a big resort, the place is only 8 rooms so no matter where you are you are in a great location. Make sure to inquire before you book to be sure you get what you want and need.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I went to Costa Rica on Business at the last minute and was lucky enough to find Casa Rainbow Canyon online a few days before! It was rainy season so fortunately they had vacancy. Wayne picked me up at the airport, filled me in on things around San Jose and got me to his B&B safe and sound. I had only had one night planned but through my trip I came back 3 times because it was so peaceful there. Hidden away from the hustle and bustle of the city it sits at the end of a street tucked away on the edge of the canyon.
Wayne and Gabo took great care of me, my room was perfect, slept well and woke early to take and outdoor shower and have my coffee on the patio! I would reccomend this B&B to all travelers who want peace and quiet and great hospitatlity!
Loved it!
Scott

Room Tip: I liked my room on the pool level!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Unfortunately I only got to stay one night at this beautiful B&B.. I wish I could have stayed longer.. It is one of the nicest and most beautiful B&B's I have ever stayed in and the bed was so luxurious that I slept like a baby... and that doesn't happen often. The property has a nice pool and a beautiful view. Wayne is such a warm, thoughtful and attentive host. You will feel like you found a new friend in Costa Rica. I really appreciated the airport service too.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo