“Local food”

Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed August 7, 2017

I wanted to eat only local food while in CR. El Rancho was recommended by Hotel Luisiana staff. My first visit I was given a menu in Spanish. The 2 words I knew on the menu was pollo and arroz. The nice and caring waitresses who didn't speak much English recommended a dish for us. It turned out to be very good. I spend 4 nights in CR and 3 times I ate at El Rancho. I would recommend this place. The price is reasonable, service is great, and food is great.

Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

We were stopping at the Hotel Louisiana about ten minute walk from El Rancho as it was raining on our walk out we stopped here for some drinks the staff were very attentive, pleasant and polite. When we received our bill it was the cheapest beers (Imperials) we'd had in two weeks of being on Costa Rica didn't try the food as only called for drinks as afternoon time. Would recommend.

Reviewed April 25, 2017

The restaurant was right around the corner form Studio Hotel where I was staying, so I walked over. Music playing loudly, outside it was quieter. Karaoke on the night I was there. A lively crowd.
I had chicken wings, tacos (in US they'd be taquitos, rolled-up, crispy) and patacones (came with multiple toppings). The food was good-sized portions, esp. the patacones. I certainly couldn't eat it all and I'm a big eater! I had ordered big after reading a previous review saying portions were small.
Prices were average.

Reviewed October 3, 2016

A solid CR cantina and restaurant experience. Fair prices and good service with a good selection of both food and drink. LIVELY too! Good value and enjoyable.

Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Hotel Luisiana and were looking for a cheap place to eat close by. We speak very little spanish but that was not a problem here. They had an english version of their menu. The beer was cold, food was good and the service was good. When we visit Costa Rica again we will be sure to stop back!