“Great steak house”

Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Basically for steak lovers, there are other options also. Restaurants available in Alajuela, Heredia, Lindora

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

The hotel that we are stay n at (Aloft costa rica) recommended this restaurant to us & I am so glad that they did. We went 2 nights in a row & I'm trying 2 talk my husband into taking me back again tonight as we leave tomorrow. We had steak & shrimp that was melt in ur mouth good. Prices are very responsible - both of our dinners along with sangria came to $63.86 USD. If we ever come back to San Jose CS this restaurant will be my 2nd stop after checking into our hotel. I totally recommend that u eat here. Get the New York Strip steak medium well. So Juicy & Tender.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

The menu has many options. If you came for a good steak, choose that. For example, the ‘Lomito 200 grams’, which is perfect !! Otherwise you might get something dry and not juicy.

My wife was not happy with her main course but the waiter was very kind to change it for something else.

We enjoyed a great meal. The place is nice and comfortable.

We paid only $38 for two 200grs lomitos and 2 regular beverages, but that’s because we are locals (there are very good discounts for locals). Without the discount, the regular price would have been $65.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Good stake restaurant chain owned by an argentine family, so they now their business since we are talking stakes. Good quality stakes with nice setting and good service.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed June 27, 2017

El Novillo Alegre is a famous restaurant in Costa Rica, with average food quality and high prices.
This restaurant food quality is below peer restaurant in Santa Ana and Escazu.
If you want a to have a nice dinner in the area, I recommend you explore options around Escazu like Avenida Escazu and Multiplaza-Intercontinental or in Santa Ana at City Place and Terrazas Lindora.

Hope these lines are helpful.

Regards,