Review Highlights
Beautiful Paddling Destination

Beautiful park, especially shoulder season. Paddled George, Killarney and OSA last November and am... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
SaraMcRoy
via mobile
One of the best parks!

Such a fantastic provincial park! Gorgeous views, fantastic hiking trails, great camp sites. Ours... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Rasmuss89
London, Canada

All reviews george lake provincial park hiking trails long weekend bug spray peace and quiet day hike rent a canoe comfort station beautiful scenery camping experience main beach crack lakes campsite silver peak
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2020

Great Provincial Park with awesome hiking trails with gorgeous panoramic views!! Fall colours are spectacular!!

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed September 11, 2020

Spectacular park. We spent the day canoeing on George Lake, the beautiful scenery the peace and quiet(no motor boats) was amazing. The mountains are like no other in Ontario. I would highly recommend a trip to this park we will definitely be returning.

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed September 7, 2020

We purchased a day pass to the park as we were renting a nearby cottage. We rode our bikes throughout the park and to the Chikansking (sp?) trail. Beautiful views.

Date of experience: September 2020
1  Thank J5876BPjudyb
Reviewed August 19, 2020

We hiked the Crack as a day hike. It took us 3 1/2 hours to get to the top and just under 3 hours to get down again. We carried heavy packs. We were meant to start early, but we didn't manage to, so by the time we were at the trail head it was already 10.20 am. This is too late at this time of year because there is not much shade on the trail and it gets very hot.

It was a very difficult hike and I struggled a lot because I'm quite short so I sometimes found that my legs were too short for the next step and people had to help me. I didn't think the view was worth it at all. I'm Swedish and I've seen many similar views with zero effort. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice view, but I struggle to see what is so incredibly special about it. I'm glad we did this hike because I really wanted to do it, but I'd never do it again. Lots of people turned back around 1 km from the top. We persevered and made it. Because of how dangerous some parts are, I could not in all conscience recommend this hike to anyone. Make up your own mind if you want to do it. There are three parts. Forest, rock dunes and rocks/boulders. The only wildlife we saw was a chipmunk. The forest was very quiet.

If you go, bring more water than you think you need. We brought enough, but some people at the top, including families with small children, had already run out of water and still had to walk down again. Bring lunch too and maybe something to sit on as well.

If you are staying at an Ontario campground, you do not need to pay for parking. Just leave the camping slip on the dash. There were dogs of all shapes and sizes on this trail, as well as young children. It was a very busy trail and we were rarely out of ear-shot of people.

The trail markers are orange and then orange and blue then blue. You will most likely lose sight of the markers now and then. We did a few times, but didn't diverge very far and easily found the trail again.

Bear in mind people sometimes have to be rescued on this trail. Make sure you leave enough energy to get down again. The trail is 7 km long round-trip, but I can confirm that my husband's FitBit recorded a distance of 14 km. We had no aches or pains after the hike, but it was challenging and quite exhausting with the heavy packs. Try to pack light. I have attached pictures of the different types of surface on the trail. Hopefully you will find these pictures helpful. Enjoy the hike.

Date of experience: August 2020
1  Thank edwincheekymonkey
Reviewed August 6, 2020 via mobile

Our first trip to Killarney, it is absolutely breathtaking!! The lakes and trails were stunning, our campsite was nice but right across from the parking lot so lots of traffic and noise which was disappointing but I was so happy to even have gotten a site. Next time I would avoid those sites 1-6 if at all possible. Was really hoping there would be monitoring of noise levels at night but we never saw anyone patrolling. There was a phone number you could call but we didn’t ever call, just put the earplugs in and tried to sleep. Would love to try one of the interior sites right on George Lake someday to get a better feel of the peace and quiet.

We go to Algonquin all the time and love it there, I have to say that they scenery at Killarney was a step above Algonquin. The trails were too, but we missed having the use of free guidebooks and the clear maps they provide at Algonquin.

We hope to return to Killarney again someday if we can get in. Visiting in the fall is on my bucket list once my kids are all grown and finished school, I’m sure it’s incredible and would love to visit when it’s not the busy season.

Date of experience: August 2020