“Great place with amazing views ”

Berghaus Grindelwaldblick
Cuisines: Swiss
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

We discovered this place completely by accident after our walk down from Männlichen. It is located not far from the klein Scheidegg train station. It was a beautiful clear day so we sat outside and enjoyed the spectacular mountain view.

I decided to try the macaroni cheese with bacon and apple sauce. I was sceptical about the apple sauce but actually it was very nice. My friend had the swiss special of potato rosti and eggs which was equally enjoyed. Service was very quick and attentive which is something that we found lacking in a lot of places. Prices were reasonable.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Just spent a wonderful night here.

My wife and I hiked up from Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg, arriving just after 5pm (check in is up to 6.30pm)

We were given a really warm welcome by the lovely lady in the restaurant, and shown to our room. It rained for the last part of our journey so we arrived looking like drowned rats. If this fazed her at all she certainly didn't show it.

After a quick drink (for rehydration purposes :) ) we grabbed a shower. The washrooms are communal, but split male/female, and showers are in individual cabins. Shower gel (in sachets) and soap are provided. Everything was clean and the facilities looked in good condition. There was plenty of hot water too, just what I needed.

There is a drying area in the corridor outside the washrooms where you can hang your wet clothes.

My wife and I had reserved a double room, this came with towels and face cloths. I seem to remember that in the dormitory accommodation you need your own, or at least can rent towels.

The restaurant is fantastic, my wife and I both chose Rostis, she had the Rosti with fried egg, I had the Eiger Rosti with Alpine Cheese and Bacon. We really did not need anything after that. They were very filling. I can also recommend the Swiss Merlot!!

Breakfast is buffet style with a good selection of breads, cold meats, cheese, and cereals. All washed down with quality swiss coffee.

This was my 3rd visit to Berghaus Grindelwaldblick, it has remained consistantly excellent. I will certainly return again.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Hutch952
Reviewed June 24, 2018

We happened to be among the first walkers down the spectacular trail from the Mannlichen gondola to the Kleine Scheidegg train station as it opened for the season in June. The wildflowers were in bloom and the views down to Grindelwald (4000' below) and across to the Eiger peak were amazing. Near the end of the trail is this terrific restaurant, where we enjoyed every morsel of baked cheese, goulash soup, mixed salad and plum tart.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Reachable both on foot from Scheidegg station and via the black run starting from the top of the Lauberhorn lift, the restaurant offers great views of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau as well as down to Grindelwald.
Sitting outside is nice when not too windy and sunny. The inside is fairly small, so can get crowded.
The food is very good, desert selection okay. Service friendliness depends on the person, and they handle the crowds well.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a cosy, friendly place, this is the place to go. The fantastic view, delicious homemade meals and first class service come on top of it. Wish there were more places like this in the Jungfrau region!

Date of visit: February 2018