“Fantastic view, ”

Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful place to stop after a hike up to Kleine scheidigg. Needed to sit quietly and I had a delicious cup of coffee. The folks next to me had a meat and cheese plate that looked great- so I indulged. It was scrumptious and bountiful.

Highly Recommended. Nice folks, as a solo, I sat at an incredible table facing the Eiger and they were very gracious.

Good food and a bit less crowded than the central restaurant

after breakfast/lunch I walked over to mannlichen and took the bahn down. A perfect day

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 7, 2018

After hiking to the Kleine Scheidegg at the base of the north face of the Eiger, we made a beeline for this restaurant just up the hill from the train station. We found a table on the sunny deck festooned with umbrellas, and were promptly greeted by a friendly English-speaking waitress. I just wanted a sandwich, rather than a more traditional Swiss lunch, so I was happy to find a tuna sandwich. Served on a crusty French roll, it was absolutely delicious -- and huge. My husband loved the traditional Swiss-style beef burger, no bun, with a huge serving of just-perfect French Fries. (Yes, $20 Francs is expensive, but you’re paying for the view!) Ah, if only we had saved room for dessert – dozens of creative ice cream sundaes. Definitely worth the hike!

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

A short walk from Kleine Scheidigg station, this place has the most amazing views over the Eiger and surrounding mountains. Food was pretty good and prompt friendly service. If you're English and used to 'hash brown' being a little triangle thing that's not what you get here - it's a tasty rosti

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Always pop in here for coffee or lunch when climbing in the area. The food is “good” not “great” but the position facing the Eiger is unbeatable. The staff are also fun and friendly and cover the very busy tables very efficiently. I rate this place as the best place to eat or relax over a coffee in Kleine Scheidegg. See you next summer when I am back climbing in the region.

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

We stopped to eat before hiking so we had low expectations. We ordered the soup of the day, Fondue, Roschti and Toasted Cheese. Everything was really really good.

Date of visit: June 2018