“Traditional Auberge”
Review of La Bonne Auberge

La Bonne Auberge
Ranked #4 of 6 Ardres B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night the rooms are clean but basic and the staff were very friendly.Our evening meal was excellent it was a set menu and every course was very good,the breakfast was as expected bread,croissants and jam but they were the best croissants I have had in a long time and there was plenty of coffee.We will stay again as this was a good base and the town is lovely.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Nice experience, friendly staff. nice clean but basic room. lovely dining room where we had a lovely dinner. Outside is a lovely garden,
La Bonne Auberge is in nice rural setting.
Our room could have done with a wardrobe.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I really liked this place! The room was small but it had such character that I would like to return.
Wi fi only worked downstairs for us.
Breakfast was beautifully served and the croissant was amazing!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SmileyDawn
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed overnight on the way back to UK after travelling from southern France.
The accommodation was exactly as described and was well priced.
The had what I can only describe as one of the best dinners for many years in the restaurant. Amazing food, beautifully cooked and well priced.
We will return.
Many thanks

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank philCarmarthenshire
Reviewed 20 October 2016

We’ve been staying at this Hotel/Restaurant (Logis de France) for a number of years.
There is always a great welcome, the highlight being treating ourselves to a really excellent meal in the delightful restaurant. They offer a good choice of excellent and reasonably priced meals/menus and we have never been disappointed.
The Chef takes great pride in his cuisine (flavours and presentation) and merits our appreciation.
The waitress is always very cheerful, helpful and efficient.
Hats off to both of them.
In our opinion this is what a typical French Auberge should be (unfortunately few and far between today), more about the gastronomic experience and less about the accommodation.
Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2016

Close to the port, 15 minutes drive, very conviently located. Friendly greeting on arrival from Monsieur and shown up to room. Asked for a receipt from my internet booking, told to do all this in the morning. Did not eat here, so can't comment on the food. Went to bed for an early night and was soon awoken by Madame knocking on the door asking me to pay my bill. I told her I would sort this in the morning, but she insisted I do it now, as there would be no one there in the early morning. I got dressed and went down to the bar with my internet booking, she insted that they had not taken anything from my card payment and that I should settle up now. If I had wanted breakfast, this would not have been an option, as she stated that there would be no one about in the morning before 08h30 when I was leaving at 8 am. The room was at the top of the stairs and suffered with lots of noise from other guests on the wooden stairs and floors and talking loudly in the corridor. As for in the room, the noises got worse from the dog barking in the garden and the fan from the kitchen fridge buzzing away just under the window. In the bathroom, the sink waste leeked all over the floor, the toilet flush would not stop so the water kept running, the shower was either hot or cold, nothing in between. The towels were all old and threadbare and the noise of running waste water from other rooms was deafening at times. The TV did not receive any signals that I could make work, not a place for a good night, I will be going else where next time. Logis is usually great, this is the worst I have ever seen in France.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelTrax1
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and ate in the hotel which was excellent.

The only downside was the small(ish) bed. Extremely good value though.

We were treated with great courtesy throughout out stay and would definitely come back again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple