All reviewsthe pubwell stocked mini barsteakhaddockan extensive wine listunderfloor heatingby the glasswalk in showerboutique hotelfirst classbooked a tableexcellent foodcooked to perfectiongreat mealtwo coursesconstable countrypoached eggs
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Another fantastic overnight stay at The Crown. As it was my birthday I was treated to the Executive room number 107, a huge room with a super king size bed, love seat, and patio doors leading out to uninterrupted views over the rolling Suffolk countryside, unfortunately the rain prevented us from taking advantage of the chairs on the small patio outside our room. Bathroom was one of the largest I've seen, walk in shower, plus separate bath with pull out shower. Facilities are excellent and the mini bar is at bar prices rather than the inflated prices that hotels generally charge! We had booked for dinner, I recommend that you book, even on a Tuesday night it was quite busy. Food is excellent, my tomato salad had 5 different coloured tomatoes! Comprehensive wine list, plus there is a wine shop where you can buy wine, within the restaurant. I would consider it value for money, Starters around the £5-£7, with most mains around the £15 mark. Lots of fish specials too. Breakfast is wonderful, one of the best I've had. Staff are very pleasant and polite and not at all intrusive. I would highly recommend and there is an excellent deal at the moment where you can have dinner, bed & breakfast for £130 on a sunday night. Hands down the best place in the area and will return.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We loved this hotel which has recently been added on to the pub. Both are attractively furnished in a contemporary style with a pretty heated garden/terrace area outside. The welcome was warm and friendly and room stylish and comfortable. Fresh milk offered for our room which is always appreciated. The breakfasts were probably the best we have enjoyed and we have enjoyed quite a few! Very generous, appealing choice and well cooked. We had an excellent dinner on both nights in the restaurant which we thought good value. It was very busy in the evening and service could be a little slow at times as it is obviously extremely popular. Would definately go again and would not hesitate to recommend as a great place to stay.

Reviewed August 29, 2010

For starters the restaurant. Staff are welcoming, professional and in abundance.The atmosphereis very relaxing. A mix of people, some with families some not. The design inside is so well thought out the noise is managed carefully. Their are intimate areas and larger areas for groups. The food was gorgeous, the wine selection amazing and the plates were hot! The hotel, which is quietly tucked away is luxurious. It's like staying in a 5* hotel in London but with the advantage of location and peace. Staff, like the restaurant are very friendly. A must if you you want a special break or a meal with friends. The whole design and ambiance have clearly been well thought out. Whoever owns this is sitting on a gold mine. I don't normally write on these sites but felt I had to in view of our experience. Wow!

Reviewed August 14, 2010

I took my wife to The Crown for her birthday and, at the same time, was able to take advantage of the Sunday night special deal at The Crown - Dinner, bed and breakfast for £125.
The weather was great on arrival and suited the wonderful location - green fields in the distance.
The room we were allocated had a private patio and the biggest shower room I have seen. The staff were extremely friendly, both in the hotel and in the pub/restaurant itself (this despite the glass washer breaking down and all the bar staff manically washing up glasses while the restaurant was rammed for Sunday lunch)
The room was great - airy, quiet and with all the required facilities. The pub/resturant was well decorated and designed and the food was very good (both for dinner and breakfast). The restaurant was always busy.
I am not sure what the pricing is like without the special deal, but The Crown is a great place to stay and in a wonderful location - visit local villages such as Lavenham, Boxford, Kersey and Dedham.

Reviewed July 21, 2010

Travelling with a group of friends , my wife and I found this a quite delightful place to stay. This was due largely to the excellent room, with great attention to detail, superb food and outstandingly helpful and friendly staff. Particular treats were the breakfasts - a wide range and excellent fruit in various guises - and the classily powerful and pleasing showers. Dinner, served in a room reserved for us, was also of very high quality, with faultless service.

A great place for exploring Constable country and the delightful villages all around.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends