New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Rincon Beach Resort

Rincon Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anasco
long island
“short but worthwhile stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

My husband , daughter and i just needed to get away for a few days and someone recommended we stay here, what a great 3 days! It could not have been more relaxing. We found the people to be so friendly and accommodating, our room was perfect and the breakfast was delicious. The resort itself was tranquil and there were a lot of families with small children who were delightful. The beach is intimate with spectacular sunsets and offers great swimming. The swim up bar in the pool is just an added bonus. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lucylou521

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Check in was easy and accommodating. Our room was not ready but they quickly found us another room. The main area, bar and pool are all very nice and typical resort decor. The rooms however are in serious need of updating and cleaning. This resort is not worth the rates! Overall the service was good the bar/beach staff were very nice and friendly as was the front desk. The evening bartender makes the best mojitos! Day 2 we had NO HOT WATER and in the late afternoon I was locked out of my room and had to walk back to front desk to fix my card key. So did my husband a few hours later!????? No reason still don't understand why! The rooms needs serious updating. The doors in the room look beat up and the bathrooms are 1980's style. Again not worth the rates. Overall the beach and pool area was nice. I felt safe here and the parking lot is private. Don't think I will be back but enjoyed my 3 night stay as we town hopped. By the way I highly recommend Banana D'ang for great coffee and smoothies in Rincon a little out of the way but worth it for the great coffee and unusual fast service in PR.

2 Thank evriv
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Just got back from RBR and wish we'd booked a two-week stay instead of just one week. We chose to visit Rincon, PR because it's known to be relaxed and beautiful and RBR reflected that vibe. The location is perfect, on a secluded cove that is great for swimming and a wonderful contrast to the big waves and rocky reefs just north of town that make Rincon a surf mecca. The pool and common areas were beautiful, and our king room overlooking the ocean was comfortable and charming -- exactly what we wanted for a mellow holiday. Woke up to the sound of the waves, watched the sunset before going out to dinner.

We dined at Brasas once and it was fine; we wanted to try different dining experiences so went to a variety of restaurants up and down the coast. But it was great to 'come home' to RBR -- quiet compared to some of the livelier spots in town, but more hopping than some of the subdued ones. There was live music in the outdoor lobby almost every night and plenty of space on the patio furniture, on the beach, by the pool. It was just right.

Room Tip: We loved our fourth floor oceanfront room. Great views.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Recently my wife invited me to RBR for my birthday. We selected RBR because we stayed there before and love the tranquility and location of this place. Too bad service has fall too low and the facilities need some update.

I can say that I have stayed in hotels from 0 to 5 stars.

We checked in just fine. As soon as we arrive in the room, things started to fall apart. First a handle in the bathroom and then the A/C sounded more like an old airplane turbine than a smooth A/C. At night then it happened. The A/C shut down for more then 20 minutes. Our happy neighbors from the floor above were probably celebrating their honeymoon. We heard everything. In this hotel, if the A/C shuts down you can hear everything side ways and up way! I was must entertained first, then after the third and four intimate detail it was enough! Not even in a Motel have I ever hear such details. The A/C was still shut!!! We call front desk and the offered to change room then, at probably 2:00 a.m. An offer we were not going to accept, who would at that time! At morning, the other day, they were As Rude as it Gets! After a while they decided to change us to another room. Manager on duty- Supervisor was a zero to the left on attention to our complaints.

We knew that Brasas was out the question. Way to expensive and we have dinned there before.

This is a fine property. However, poor management and services would sadly forecast the demise of another important part of the economy in western Puerto Rico.

On the plus side, don't miss Das Alpen Restaurant in Downtown Rincon, if you are nearby. Food was superb.

P.D.
Congratulations to Honeymooners that stayed for presidential weekend on room 416?!!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the Fourth Floor if you dare :)
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jon N
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We had the best time here. Wonderful location, great atmosphere, super friendly staff, delicious food. What a jewel!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I had a friend flying in from San Francisco and we wanted a mini get away. Last year I went to Rincon for president's day weekend and I decided to do the same this year.

This property has a swim up bar so we figured there would probably be less children then at other resorts. Well we were wrong. There were a lot of children. We wanted a get away and it could have been a bit more relaxing without children but in all honesty there were a few drunk people living at the swim up bar that were far more of a nuisance then the well behaved children.

We booked a deluxe ocean view room and ended up with a view of the play ground so we heard the kids playing in the morning. I never remembered reading on their site that there was a play ground. We arrived at around noon and our room was not ready until about 5PM. It was a holiday weekend so I am sure they were scrambling but we had booked our room 6 weeks prior.

The room was "OK." There was a tiny fridge on the floor. The lights by the bed did NOT turn off unless you moved the furniture and unplugged them, and the beds were very, very hard to the point my back was hurting both mornings.

The swim up bar was a lot of fun but my friend that was with me in San Francisco and who owns a bar of his own expected the bar tender to help people in order. I told my friend that this is Puerto Rico and you have to shout to get service. So he adapted to the Puerto Rican ways. The bar tender was really good at concocting the perfect drink for each person. Some of those were super crazy strong.

We decided not to go in the pool the second day because there were about a dozen people drinking from 11 AM to sunset and they never left the pool. I can only imagine how many chemicals would be needed to be dumped in there to clean out all of their urine. So we opted for the ocean instead which was more fun.

The place was fine, not worth the 275 for Sat night but Sunday night was 125 which was a fine price for the place.

I would skip their breakfast buffet and find something else. If you do eat there pay a few dollars extra and get an item off the menu that is made to order.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Newish and reasonably attractive property a couple of miles out of downtown Rincon. Hotel and condos. Our dbl bedded room was fairly large but spartan. Small bathroom. Bed linens fair. No screens on windows. Breezeway entry to the lobby very pretty but it kind of ends there. Lush landscaping, but not well taken care of. "Not well taken care of" seems to be how they operate. There is a good chance your pool chaise might be dirty. Pool Area lunch was okay with light fare. Restaurant looked nice. Workout area had about 5 pieces of gear with, of course, no towels. There are a cluster of restaurants about 3/4 of a mile up the hill from the resort. I would definitely have a car. I'm ambivalent about this place because I didn't hate it, nor did I really like it. It is nicer than the Rincon By The Sea if your considering that option. Would I make a special effort to stay here? No. If I had occasion to be in Rincon again, this is probably your best choice as far as larger properties go.

Room Tip: Free Java in the morning in the restaurant. Free newspapers in English and Spanish in the morning at...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anasco
6.5 km away
51.6 km away
Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa, BW Premier Collection
167.4 km away
El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Rincon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!