All reviewsnice hotelsausagefree breakfasthot tubeggsa nice touchpool arearooms are largedecent breakfastplace to stayfront desk staffking suitefresh fruita great staybed was very comfortablelooked cleandesk and chair
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Twas here for work. First hotel stay in Canada after comming back from UK. I can say I was not let down. Staff were great, very friendly (a common thing I have found on praries). Hotel is kind of off on its own in an area of town that is a little vacant. Sleep was great as I just came off the highway at midnight. Quiet night. Next morning went for dip in the pool- very nice! Awesome waterslide and great breakfast room and free breakfast! Went for my jog, and some local people had horses they let me pet. bathroom was great- lots of hot water and plenty and towels. Decent internet connection ( a little dry at times). Clean room and very well maintained building. I am sure this place must be new within the last couple years. Good area and excellent little town. Will be back next year!

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the lift
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2011

This hotel is very clean and nicely appointed, it's right on the west end of town and doesn't have much around but provides a comfortable night's sleep. Staff was heard by several members of our party (several times) complaining about having to work and complaining about other guests.

General manager was rude, talked down to guests, was very unhelpful and unaccommodating. She refused to help a guest with the toaster because it was 10:03 and breakfast ended at 10:00. Unacceptable.

Housekeeping staff was extremely friendly and did a great job, though. Unfortunately this is one of the nicer hotels in Humboldt so I'd probably stay again, but I would have low expectations as far as guest service goes.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
maxtebbe, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review our property after your stay with us. Any feedback that we receive, good or bad, is greatly appreciated.

At the Canalta Hotel Humboldt we strive to be the leaders in our respective industry and I was disappointed that you did not experience a positive stay at our hotel. That is normally not the standard that we strive to maintain.

I have talked to the staff about comments they are making to each other and can guarantee that they will no longer have private conversations in front of guests. I apologize for being short with you as there is no excuse for that. I normally am not. As our hotel has been nominated for a Service Award in the year that we have been open, I can assure you that this is not common behaviour and I again apologize for any negative perceptions you may have made from your stay with us. Please allow us to show you how we really treat our guests. Your next trip to Humboldt, please call me personally to make your reservation and I can make sure you are treated how all our guests are treated.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Reviewed March 4, 2011

It is so nice to have such a great hotel in Humboldt. The service was fantastic, the rooms large, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic, lots of variety. Finally I can stay in Humboldt when I have business there. No more driving in from a hotel in Saskatoon!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2011

the rooms and pool area were extremely clean, the staff was very curtious and the breakfast was excellent! the kids had a great time in the pool and the wireless internet in the room was awesome to do work on while the kids were watching movies in the evening.....this is top notch qualtiy and servie when it comes to hotels!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Service was fantastic, front desk was very helpful, rooms were large and comfortable and clean. Breakfast was the best. The best hotel stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends