Lowest prices for your stay
US$91
View deal
Hotels.com
US$91
View deal
Free cancellation until 21-10-09
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$91
Official HotelUS$91
eDreamsUS$91
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 31, 2016

Booked on booking.com and was given a higher rate at check in. Poorly decorated., very tiny room. Very poor lighting. Tiny hallways. No continental breakfast. Food in lounge was good, however, food took a long time to come.

Room tip: All rooms are non smoking.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed September 15, 2016 via mobile

We were here for a work conference and I must say this place should be shut down or at lest gutted and fixed up.

When you walk in you feel like you're walking into a dungeon. The smell was old and of old cigarette smoke. We did r stay here but I felt horrible for the people that did.

Conference room was dingy and had no natural light.

Food was served to us beside the pool which I thought was gross. Maybe some guests may have wanted to swim. Even then I would have been scared of getting planters warts. The smell of chlorine was very strong while eating.

Food was awful. Had terrible stomach pains and was in the bathroom a lot. Lunch first day was potato salad (disgusting) soup which was good, wraps were ok. Supper was meh. Bland and boring. We had breakfast at the Canalta in fear of it being gross. Lunch today was pizza and salad. The pizza was burnt and rock hard. Hardly edible. Salad was meh.

All in all the managers should be ashamed of themselves for this hotel. Fix it up. I will never stay or attend anything there again.

Date of stay: September 2016
4  Thank KrystinMP
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

Clean, but dingy. No coffee pot or even a tea kettle. No elevator. No hangers. No hanger behind the bathroom door. Pool view is better than street view, I'm sure. Pool looks like it is decently maintained. Budget hotel; likely well supported. Not my style, but appreciate the effort.

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank msfirefly007
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

My co-worker and I stopped in for a meal here when we were working in the Humboldt area. It seemed like a nice looking place when we walked in, and the server was polite. The food tasted ok, but the portions were quite small and very expensive for a small town, nothing fancy restaurant. I'm afraid I will probably be going somewhere else next time I'm in Humboldt.

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed August 10, 2016

We were only staying in Humboldt one night, so we didn't need a 5 star hotel. When I booked online the website said there were only 2 rooms left with a queen size bed. It felt like the hotel was empty when we were there; we were at the end of a very long hallway on the 2nd floor and there was no elevator. The hallways were very dark, and the lobby was very steamy and smelled of chlorine. (maybe because the pool was around the corner?)
We didn't have time for a pool so we didn't go looking for it. Our room was very dark, so the first thing I did was switch on all the lamps. It was still dark so I went to open the curtains and there was no view; the window faced a wall of the building inside and down below I could see a corridor. The window didn't open; it was just one sheet of glass with wire mesh inside. For some reason this creeped me out!
However the room was clean, and we had arrived around 6 pm so we weren't there for long. The bathroom had thin towels and thin wash cloths. But the price was right, so we put up with it. If you ever go to Humboldt ask for a room with a view and a window which opens and all will be well.
There is a restaurant next door which serves $3.99 breakfast before 8 am. Our hostess recommended it and it was good. We really liked the little town of Humboldt and were there to see a newly installed grave marker for my great grandma who died in the Humboldt Hospital 85 years ago in 1931. If the hotel was updated it would be a much better place to stay, as it was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a window which opens and has a view. There is no elevator.
Date of stay: July 2016