“Nice place, but rather average ”
Review of Marcel BurgerBar

Marcel BurgerBar
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Marcel BurgerBar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 111 Restaurants in Saint-Gilles
Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

My friends' teenage kids love eating here and usually get takeaway. However we decided to actually dine at Marcel, and sat at a table in the middle of the street (which is still under construction). We found the service was nice, friendly, and efficient. This kid really likes the "cheese bacon" burger so we ordered two of those, two frites, and of course a nice Belgian beer for me and cola for him. The frites were perfect. The burgers were fine, nothing extraordinary or memorable. Total cost: €38.50

To be honest: the price for what you get is too high. But it was nevertheless a nice experience!

Reviewed June 15, 2017

The burgers and fries were fine, but our experience was poor because we waited an hour for our food, even though the restaurant was almost completely empty! When we complained, we were told that it was due to an issue with Deliveroo.

A word of advice: customers in the restaurant should ALWAYS have priority over deliveries - no exceptions. We took the time to travel to your restaurant, find parking, etc; not sit at home and wait for a delivery. No matter what the issue was with Deliveroo, you should have prepared our food immediately upon receiving our order. Considering it's just burgers and fries you needed to prepare, I don't think that was too much to ask.

Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Went there for a family dinner. I am not a big fan of burgers.
My burger was ok but nothing great. Untasty bread, beef was ok, bacon ok. Overall not very tasty.
I had a kriek beer which was at par with expectations.
Dessert: cherry ice cream. Ok but probably coming from one of the large ice cream producers.
Overall not a great experience.

Reviewed May 4, 2017

Wanted to go there for a long time but never our call for reservation was successful. Last Saturday we finally got through. And we were not disappointed. One of the best burgers I've ever had, fries in different styles (we took all of them) and the coleslaw was fantastic. Enthusiastic, fast and friendly service. We will go back...

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

A summary for those who don't want to read: don't go. Now with full details.
First of all, the variety of burgers is shameful. 6/7 of them, that's it, where the only thing impressive could be the last burger and they didn't even have it. Aparte from that, burger, cheese burger, bacon burger (if we consider 1 slice as bacon), and chicken. And with a price from 11 to 13€ each (and they werent even 200g), with no fries included. And still regretting that I ordered them, because they were disgusting, tastless and burnt.
I've been to hundreds of burger places (not lying, it's my hobby) and this is the worst of all the "premium" places I've been to, and of course the worst in Brussels. Better go to McDonald's instead, at least it won't be a rip off...

Date of visit: April 2017