All reviews infinity pool recommend staying here watching the sunset an upgrade fresh juice definitely stay here again secret beach included breakfast laid back nice pool tlc strait bay diving motorbike
Reviewed October 14, 2018

This place has a great location but the issues with experienced with cleanliness, staff and run down hotel facilities mean it is not a place I would recommend to friends of stay again. I have backpacked through India & SE Asia so am used to roughing it a bit but I think the resident rat in my room really put me off this place.

Dirty rooms - Upon check-in one of the rooms, a "honeymoon suite", we were given was dirty. Cigarettes in sink, dirty towels etc. When we told staff they did not seem to care at all but did point us in the direction of an alternative room.

Rat - I was staying in a bungalow style accommodation which came complete with resident rat. After the first night I found it has chewed through my bag leaving holes in some on my clothes. Once again the staff where not at all surprised by this and told me this was normal. I then spent the next night waking up to scare off the rat every time I heard it crawling through the wall of the bungalow.

Poor design - The bathroom in the bungalow I stayed in was also poorly designed in that is sloped away from the train. This meant that after your first shower the floor surrounding was permanently flooded in an inch of water.

Rundown facilities - Upper pool needed to be cleaned and lower pool seemed to be broken as it was filled with a green algae.

Staff - We have been visiting Bali since we were kids and usually love the friendly Balinese staff but the staff here seemed disinterested and were not as helpful or friendly and those at other places. Maybe they have just had enough of tourists?

Location - As mentioned location is great. Right on mushroom beach with good restaurants, snorkelling etc close by.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank ekanz
Reviewed October 5, 2018

The hotel itself lays directly on mushroom beach (low tide is a bit hard to swim), pool was anything other than clear water. Rooms were simple but aged, bathroom was acceptable but not as clean as other Indonesian standard showed us. Food in the restaurant was okay, the breakfast menu was small and simple, many things costs extra.
Given the fact that this was the most expensive hotel we had on our round trip we would not recommend staying here.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Billy B
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed here with my elderly mother and my 10 year old son. We absolutely loved this place. The room was very clean. Staff were so accommodating and extremely lovely. All meals we had were beautiful. We really didn't need to leave the hotel as it had everything you could ask for. The only downside was that we didn't stay longer. Would definitely recommend this place and we can hardly wait to return. Heavenly

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2018

Really enjoyed our 5 night stay in this magical location! The staff were friendly and helpful and our rooms were clean. We had two safes in our room and neither of them worked. The facilities are tired and could do with some maintenance but your not being charged for 5 stars!

Our only disappointment was the Beach Party which seems to run every Thursday night in the bar. The operators really need to inform guests when booking of the party which runs until 3am. Nothing was done to segregate the party goers from the bungalows which would have at least provided a more private and peaceful space for the guests. We were woken by 3 females arguing loudly on our doorstep at 2 am as well as transport operators walking through asking if people needed taxi! Party goers were jumping in pools and generally had the run of the place which looked like a bomb site the next morning. Management of this facility need to decide if they are running accommodation or a dance party cash grab!

Room tip: All rooms are quiet with the exception of Thursday night (Beach Party Night!)
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Maxine H
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Would not recommend this resort. Too expensive for a dirty room. I paid 650,000IDR for 1 night. Very dark inside.

Check in process involved giving us the key and pointing us to the location of our hut. No information on breakfast no information on anything else. If you need something you have to ask and the main guy who checked us in wasn't very helpful.

The room had dirty towels I had to ask for clean towels. The pillows were brown underneath the pillowcase covers. The bed and bed linen also smelt damp. Not a pleasant night's sleep.

20 mins before check out we got a knock on our door asking us to check out and if we wanted to pay now. They seem more concerned with money at this resort than the happiness of guests.

Very glad to have left. Now staying at Mola Mila house which is cheaper, cleaner and a lot nicer. The only difference is there is no pool but here you are on the beach so that's not necessary.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ayam14