Pondok Baruna Guesthouse
Playgrounds Wave Lodge(Nusa Lembongan)
US$95
  • Pool
Bay Shore Huts(Nusa Lembongan)
US$82
US$78
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

Sunset Coin Lembongan(Nusa Lembongan)
US$72
US$50
Sukanusa Luxury Huts(Nusa Lembongan)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$43
Laguna Reef Huts(Nusa Lembongan)
US$55
US$46
Priceline
Lumbung Bali Huts(Nusa Lembongan)
US$44
US$37
  • Breakfast included
Song Lambung Beach Hut(Nusa Lembongan)
US$76
US$64
Molamola House(Nusa Lembongan)
US$52
US$47
  • Beachfront
Twin Island Villas(Nusa Lembongan)
US$67
US$57
Orbitz.com
US$328
US$221
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsworld divinggarden roomair condiving centergood sizepancakesworked perfectlyrooms are basicnice resorttoilet paperquiet locationabeljafflebaliscooterboatrelaxation
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

I booked on a third party travel site on the internet and got a great deal. The photos of the really nice, round pool is not this place but their other resort called Frangiapani, which is really nice and worth the price they are adding for. The smaller pool in the photos is this place. The room was comfortable and the place is extremely quit. Great place to stay one night or many. Abel is the manager is nice and is helpful if you have questions you need answered. So other than the photos not being accurate as they are mixed with their bigger hotel, this place is good, especially if your on a budget. There are many home stays on this island for the same price a little cheaper. I would pay the couple extra dollars to stay here. My bathroom was a little run down, but my bed was comfortable, the AC worked and I felt safe and secure.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2016

We stayed four nights in April in the garden rooms, - the photo which is shown, is Pondok Frangipani, - same owners, but the pool at Garden View is really good too,
There are only 6 rooms, 2 facing the pool, 4 facing the side of the garden, welcome drink on arrival, and complimentary water the first day.
Rooms are clean, and outside each is a seating area, with cushions on the floor, and a rack for drying clothes. Would be really nice to have a couple of chairs too.
Comfortable sun loungers around the pool, quiet area, and hardly a miniutes walk from the beach, where they have the sea view rooms, next to the dive school These rooms are slightly more basic, but the views are incredible, you can watch the sunset, and hear the waves, These are the cheaper rooms too, if i stayed again, i would stay there,just for the view and location.
There is a security guard at nights, and the staff are very friendly, helpful and professional. We overheard one dealing very patiently and calmly, with a difficult guest,, who claimed he had shouted at her, when the manager arrived to sort out the problem, but this was certainly not the case in this particular incident, .
Very reasonably priced too, would certainly stay there again and recommend to friends. Breakfast included in price.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2016 via mobile

The manager here, Abel, was friendly and all smiles until it came time to leave and then just extremely rude. Only reason I booked was because of world diving, should've taken more heed of the previous reviews - DO NOT BOOK.

Abel was initially very helpful in securing reservations for massages as well as transport, even taking me himself to Nusa Cenigan on motorbike. I helped him with some excel spreadsheets, which they use to calculate revenue. I thought we'd established a great rapport, and even bought him a drink at Le Pirate on the way back as a gesture of thanks.

On my last day I was planning to move to Nusa Cenigan, I was still diving with world diving and thus wouldn't be back until after check out had passed. I asked if I could check out later, after he dive. He told me he could look after my bags (which I was wary of because half of the time nobody was behind the counter). He then said I could take my bags diving, jokingly. I thought this would be a simple matter since I was diving with their affiliate company and there was literally nobody else there. He was like "this is business, otherwise nobody to clean." I asked him if there were even reservations tomorrow, and asked to speak to is manager who I'd met the other day. He then just immediately shut down, said that he didn't want to waste his minutes to call his manager. When I asked him to give me his managers number, he refused and said I should talk to her later. I asked when since I would be out diving, and he said he was just going to charge me extra. He then went on a long rant about how I hadn't done anything to deserve good service, since service is not getting people to do things for you for free. I'd paid him 150K IDR for the trip, which I later learned was 2x the standard (I found a guy from another guesthouse who took me on 3 motor bike trips for 60k IDR)! And all I was asking was for him to call his manager! Certainly that is part of his job description.

BEWARE: DO NOT BOOK!!!!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
5  Thank Intransitive
Reviewed January 27, 2016

Firstly, if you are looking at reviews for accommodation on Lembongan, many of the photos posted for this lodging are not correct. The ones with the square pool (not the round ended pool) are the correct ones. I checked the website and the round pool belongs to Frangipani ... same website (but no distinction on the website), same owner, newer, better, nicer, same price (one of my friends has stayed at both.)

I have stayed at PONDOK BARUNA (not Frangipani) before, because it is allied to World Diving, whom I usually dive with. I stay in the "luxury" AC rooms at the back, by the pool.

They used to be comfortable. Unfortunately, they are in serious need of some TLC. The bathrooms are rotten ... beginning to fall apart and they look ugly. I understand it is salty water, but still, the first time I stayed here was about 5 years ago. They have not been touched since. Additionally there was no toilet paper or water supplied with the rooms. I had a lot of valuables with me, and no lockable bag, but the room safe was broken. These issues might not seem much, but these rooms are priced at a premium.

The breakfast is poor. Not enticing .. a couple eggs with sweet bread and jam, small amount of fruit (some of the pineapple was rotten ... fresh fruit wouldn't be a bad idea.) or a small juice. Coffee or tea. Thats it. For the price it could be much better. The owner, Putu, is very nice, but when I asked if we could check out late from 2 rooms, I was told "no.". Check-out time is 11am. Were other people coming in? No. All I wanted was 12 pm in case the dive boat came back late. But in a way we were lucky, because I asked for them to prepare the bill in advance, and warned them that I needed to pay by Visa. Was the bill prepared in advance? No. Were they prepared for me to pay by visa? No. They had to call the head staff to operate the card machine (and he was "away"). Then there was the usual palaver of working out how it worked, and by the time we had finished, the car had arrived to collect us for the ferry.

Summary: in the past was a very nice place, but now maintenance is poor and the rooms are suffering, breakfast is poor, staff are pleasant but unaccommodating and disorganised. I think the AC rooms are surviving because of World Diving, and complacency has set in. I believe I paid 650K IDR per night ... thats a real premium for the service and condition of the rooms. After 3 yrs on and off Indonesia, can get much better elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms by pool are VIP. Pondok Baruna and Pondok Baruna Frangipani are not the same. Frangi is newer, nicer, same price ... from a friend.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank ricky_indo
Reviewed January 20, 2016 via mobile

Take care of your money!!! Me and my friend we just had a really really bad experience at the bungalows of world divers! You can go diving with them, they are nice, but in their bungalows some of our money has "disappeared".

Yesterday before I went to bed I count my money and I even made a screenshot of the amount. As I didn't want to bring my money to the diving boat, I let it in our room, although there are no safes, which is not good at all.

Today when we came back with the boat, I went to my room and my wallet was lying there. I opened it and then 300.000 IDR were missing.

I talked to the manager and I told him that it was not about the money, I just wanted to report it. He didn't even listen to me, but said immediately, that he is believing his cleaningwoman and not me. Then he came to our room and started to put everything out of my big backbag very rudely. But I let him doing that and didn't complain at all.

But then he took a small bag with my underwear in it. I told him very kindly that I want to open it by myself and he, the cleaningwoman and my friend were watching me, when I took out everything very slowly. No money in it, all of us could see it. Afterwards I closed the bag again and then he suddenly ripped the bag off and touched my underwear again and again.
I asked him to leave our room and said that it is ok for me now, it's not worth it. I didn't want to have any troubles during my holiday...

Then he and the cleaningwoman startet to talk in Indonesian and pointed at us and laughed and giggled like children.

We immediately packed our bags and then we went to the reception to check out. As I really didn't want to discuss anymore I just gave him the key and the money for the accomodation and didn't even say one more word.

He and two of the cleaningwomen started to laugh again and he even started to take pictures of me!!

This was enough, I immediately turned around and started to make my way. I just wanted to enjoy my holiday.

When I was leaving he shouted for no reason "I know your tricks, you just don't want to pay for the accomodation!"

We are leaving now and tomorrow we'll meet the owner in Bali.

I definitively never would stay there again! There is no wifi in the rooms, the bathrooms also are very very tiny and really smelly! The towels have many stains on them, there is no basket, no soap or whatever. If you need anything, for example a towel, the wifi-password or want to have your breakfast at 7 o'clock (when they are supposed to open) because your diving starts at 7:30, nobody is there.

I would not have complained about all these things, I'm here for diving, but as they took my money and behaved in such an inappropriate and disrespectful way, I want to warn you not to go there.

There are much more comfortable bungalows very very close to the diving centre in the same road, which are at least even cheaper...

I know you get a discount when you also book the accomodation when you are diving with world divers. But there are so many many nice and cheaper bungalows surrounding the dive center, it's not worth it at all to stay in their own bungalows.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends