“Absolutely love that place!!”

Cubanos Cafe Bistro
Ranked #1 of 159 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Description: Cubanos Licensed Café and Bistro is located in the beautiful area of Essex in the heart of Leigh on Sea. Open throughout the year, we make all of our own food, serving breakfast, lunches, tapas and evening meals as well as a wide selection of cakes and desserts. Our menu is prepared daily in house, and where possible, using seasonal ingredients provided by local suppliers. In addition to our regular menu, we specialise in Cuban options and are proud to be the only café in the local area providing these alternatives.
Reviewed September 27, 2020 via mobile

Just AMAZING !!!I love good atmosphere, well presented and delicious food. That place have it all!! It is nice and quite with friendly service and wide range of tapas. We will defenietly come again.

Date of visit: September 2020
Write a reviewReviews (172)

Reviewed September 26, 2020 via mobile

Having not been to Cubanos for quite some time we thought we would try it again. Overall we had a really pleasant evening, the staff are really friendly and helpful. The food itself was very nice, very much home cooked in style and presentation and I mean that in a good way. My Prawns PilPil were tasty as was the burger with chilli, I don't like coleslaw so the kindly substituted it with a side salad. My partners mushroom starter followed by ribs and wings were very good. The bottle Merlot I asked for was not available so they substituted it for a more expensive bottle at the price of the Merlot.

1  Thank LoSDiner
Reviewed September 26, 2020 via mobile

We have been to Cubanos on many occasions, for breakfast, lunch or dinner and each time never fails to amaze!
Last visit was today
Had a superb breakfast
The sausages are incredible!
Staff were exceptional , friendly and polite
Most looking forward to our next breakfast
Or dinner.

Date of visit: September 2020
348kellyn, Owner at Cubanos Cafe Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2020

@mattyfearn, thank you so much for taking the time to leave positive feedback, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2020 via mobile

Had the most amazing breakfast yesterday
Everything was piping hot and delicious
I recommend the sausages!
Staff are very friendly and service was brilliant
Will be back soon for another incredible sausage !

Date of visit: September 2020
348kellyn, Owner at Cubanos Cafe Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2020

Thank you Shadowleopard for the positive review , so so happy to hear you love a sausage, and you had a great breakfast, can’t wait to see you soon

Reviewed September 24, 2020

I visited this restaurant for lunch with family, my mum ordered ham egg and chips with bread (barely any chips, and no bread) with that abit of white bait was on the plate which she does not eat and when telling the waitress about it, the waitress picked it off her plate with not even wearing gloves (as if that was acceptable to do so anyway). When saying that is wrong to do that she then laughed. With all the covid going on aswell I just truly think this is unacceptable.
My dad also ordered ham eggs and chips ( meant to come with two eggs which it did not) and ordered toast and high also did not come.
Then afterwards when paying the bill at the end, the waitress then said ‘shall I see if she will knock some off the bill’ considering many things did not turn up! Then in the end all that came off the bill was £3.
My advise would be to take the plate away, get rid of the food that was not suppose to be there regardless of the covid it is unacceptable to lean over someone’s shoulder and pick something from a customers plate with your fingers then laugh about it afterwards.

1  Thank saddier2020
348kellyn, Owner at Cubanos Cafe Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2020

Good Afternoon Saddier2020, firstly thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, I was upset and shocked to read your comments and as you can see from all of our other reviews this is very out of character, we pride ourselves on excellent service and food, I see on this occasion we have let you down.If you would like to call the restaurant I’d like to welcome you back for a complimentary meal on us to try and restore your faith, thank you for your time.