“OUTSTANDING!!!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Modern European restaurant
Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

I went for dinner on Wed evening with a friend.

Been here before a few times, but i have to say this meal stood out as exceptional. Exceptional on a number of fronts. The service was friendly and gentle. The food was served promptly being hot, absolutely delicious, looked beautiful & quite honestly i could have licked each of the plates clean...but obviously didn’t.

I had the Duck & my friend had the Lamb. We both took time savouring each course of the meal. Now i know Dauphinoise potato isn’t the hardest thing in the world to cook, but this was the best I’ve ever eaten. Which to be fair is saying something. The Duck & bok Choi were also cooked to absolute perfection. Not only this, but the Brioche Bread & Butter pudding i had for dessert was also the best Bread & Butter pudding I’ve ever eaten. So, to have two dishes claiming that fame at one sitting for a meal that cost no more than £75 for the 2 of us is some feet to achieve in my book.

Congratulations to the owners & the staff for an amazing meal at fantastic value for money.

I cant wait to go again!

1  Thank Mike K
Write a reviewReviews (321)

Reviewed June 11, 2019

I visited this restaurant with my partner on Saturday evening very good food, nice atmosphere and staff very welcoming and attentive a lovely blonde waitress helped me with my food order when I was tossing between dishes and she wasn’t wrong the filet mignon was outstanding. Great evening all round and will definitely be visiting again.

2  Thank BillBarnsey
Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

First time back to this restaurant in sometime. Two couples for Sunday Lunch. Lovely selection of Roasts, interesting selection of Starters to chose from. I had the Scallops; good choice.
Attentive and efficient staff. Relaxed atmosphere. Ok, maybe not a sophisticated decoration but comfortable table setting in an alcove.
Our Lunch was extremely good and we all put it in the come again for Sunday Lunch Box. Tender, melt in the mouth meat, crispy potatoes, a Yorkshire. Rich gravy. A skillet of lovely Cauliflower cheese.
Very reasonable bill despite our two bottles of Wine.

2  Thank PeterPhippin
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Had a meal here last night it was the the first time we’ve ever been the food was really nice. Our starters were delicious and the mains too although my partner found the blue cheese on his steak very overpowering but still enjoyed it. My slow cooked pork was really nice. Our only negative was not being made to feel very welcome by the staff. It’s a shame as this let down an otherwise pleasant meal.

1  Thank sarah_boundy
Reviewed June 5, 2019

Had a lovely evening with my partner, food was delicious and staff were attentive when needed. Have visited a few times and would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: May 2019