“Lockdown Takeaway Meal - Excellent”
Review of Alebro

Alebro
Ranked #5 of 159 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Modern European restaurant
Reviewed November 23, 2020

Ordered takeaway meals for collection from Alebro.

Scotch egg's to start with a salad garnish and harissa mayonnaise.

For mains we both went for the salmon en-croute which was served with a selection of fresh vegetables and new potatoes.

Deserts were the white chocolate cheesecake and a brownie with pieces of Mars bar added.

The food travelled well and is served in very good quality foil dishes with lids, the sauces came in polystyrene cups with lids.

We served our starters as soon as I got home, and popped the mains into a warm over where they kept piping hot without drying out.

Obviouslsy, we look forward to the re-opening of the restaurant so we can dine in, but in the mean time, the Alebro takeaway offering is a very good alternate.

Well done to the management and chef(s) for everything you're doing, and good luck for a speedy return to better times.

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank davebryant
Write a reviewReviews (321)

Reviewed November 2, 2020 via mobile

First time we have been here, our friends, who we were dining with, had been a few times and it came highly recommended. Surprisingly it’s much bigger inside than it looks. Decor quite nice, staff very friendly and attentive without being overbearing. Great choice on the menu, my tuna steak main was the best I have ever had. Can’t wait to return when lockdown is over....feel so sorry for these establishments when they have bent over backwards to make everything Covid safe...thankfully they are going to do “takeaway” so give them a try even if you can’t visit them...you won’t be disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2020
3  Thank SS9Essex
Reviewed October 30, 2020 via mobile

We visited Alebro on a Thursday evening after not being able to get into any of our usual haunts for a last minute meal out.
My parents have visited several times previously and had recommended it so we decided to give it a go and we were really glad we did! What a great meal!
The service was very welcoming and attentive. They were also very accommodating, including for our children - there is no kids menu, but they really enjoyed their pasta and chicken goujons.
The food is very tasty, well presented and full of flavour. It’s obvious that everything is freshly prepared and made with good quality ingredients.
The spinach and leek tart that I had was sublime and my husband really enjoyed his steak. Our other dishes were equally good.
Also, it’s worth mentioning that the decor is much nicer than it looks on their TripAdvisor profile - which makes it look a little stark.
I suspect we will become regulars and will be thoroughly recommending Alebro to friends and family.
I recommend you give it a go too!

1  Thank EveyRob
Reviewed October 17, 2020

We had a lovely meal with great service and a nice atmosphere. As it was Wednesday we were also able to bring our own wine so we bought some very nice wine which we would not otherwise have had and this made it even nicer. All 4 of us enjoyed everything we had including the scotch egg and rump of lamb. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and there are not that many I would in this area.

1  Thank JWH18
Reviewed October 4, 2020

Low key background music. Covid rules adhered to. Decor pleasant, warm and cosy.
Good atmosphere, excellent food.

2  Thank I5074XGroyc