All reviews honesty bar four poster bed complimentary sherry river cottage biscuits lovely hotel lyme regis cotton buds stayed for two nights third floor large ensuite nail file fried bread an excellent host full english lovely room bed and pillows
Reviewed September 22, 2017

This can't be the place - the drive gate looked locked so we drove out and gave them a call . The gate was not locked - just looked that way. Good parking - lovely grounds old house beautifully kept. Our room overlooked the car park / garden.
First impression - huge sash bay window - plenty of light. Big comfy bed. A howling storm rattled the window (temporarily cured with the door wedges) but otherwise quiet in spite of proximity to the main road. Shower room a bit tight but everything worked ok. Breakfast in a spotless dining room was excellent and cheerfully prepared. All in all a good quality B&B probably more suited to the older traveller - highly recommended and ideal for a visit to Axminster. The walk to town is mostly along the main road and takes about 10 minutes.

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

I have just spent three nights here with my parents who are in their 80s and not very mobile. Fiona could not Have been more helpful.her disabled friendly bedroom was fantastic and nothing was too much trouble for her our her staff. The breakfasts were really good the rooms really nicely decorated and spotlessly clean with lovely toiletries biscuits chocolate etc in the room.
Would thoroughly recommend staying here. Thank u Fiona and co.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Spent an amazing night in absolute luxury. Wonderful owner made us feel very welcome. Room was spacious with an amazingly comfortable four poster bed. Lovely lounge area with a large honesty bar. Delicious full English breakfast served in the morning.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

This B&B is 5* rated. I don't know how they arrive at the ratings - but for 5* i would have expected more. Having said that the owner & staff there are great - eager to help & attentive. The bedroom was good - but I have paid less for similar. There were nice touches - robes in the bathroom - complimentary sherry (but who drinks sherry?).

The mattress & pillows were not as good as I would expect for a 5* establishment - so not 2 good nights sleep.

The breakfast was good - but for me rock hard fried bread and extremely thin black pudding are not conducive to an "excellent" breakfast - just a decent one.

The main reason we stayed here was the location to our wedding venue.

If it hadn't been for that i would not have paid the price charged.

If people are happy with the cost of a stay here, I would not want to put them off. I have been in places where staff appear indifferent - and here I can say they are keen to please.

2  Thank BrianMc123
Reviewed August 28, 2017

We stayed for two nights at Kerrington House whilst visiting Lyme-Regis. I would definitely recommend it to my family and friends. Our room was lovely with a wonderful view, as we were on the third floor. The bed was comfortable and the staff were very friendly. The breakfast room was idillic with gorgeous decor and most importantly a deliciously cooked English breakfast.

Stayed: July 2017