Rawley Resort(Port Severn)(Great Value!)
US$300
Agoda.com
Kings Inn(Midland)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 23/07
US$50
Comfort Inn Midland(Midland)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$84
Midland Inn & Suites(Midland)(Great Value!)
US$95
Severn Lodge(Port Severn)
TripAdvisor
Sunnylea Resort(Port Severn)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdining roomhot tubtake advantagegas fireplacesized bedincluded in our packagewagjag deallots of pillowswye marshoff seasonlake viewrack of lambdining experiencebeautiful roomfriday nightfood was fantasticgeorgian bay
Reviewed July 20, 2015

After spending the last couple of days chasing Waterfalls and many attractions in between like a Cranberry Bog in the Muskokas, we checked in at the newly renovated and improved Inn at Christie's.
Our experience: We checked in and took advantage of our Mother Daughter time in "girl fashion" some Spa time and a walk to the Port Severn Lock followed by a 5 Star meal in a very charming place. The reason I am bothering writing this is to let folks know why they stand out. First off, it's worth visiting since they have undergone some recent changes. WIth change, sometimes comes "growing" pains and this place doubled over backwards to make sure we were taken care of as they grow.
I would recommend this Inn for the simple fact that it was very clear that they cared to make things right! I have had lesser service and satisfaction for greater mistakes! Their oversight was a small standard one that occurs to us all in many restaurants and nothing is done to compensate for your grief. (No they' didn't spill anything on us.:) ) Check out their website and don't hesitate to give them a try for a bit of R&R.http://www.christiesmill.com/ I will likely find a reason to go back again in the future.

Room Tip: ask for lakefront view
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank VGVSFamily
Reviewed July 15, 2015

We went last week to the mill had three wonderful sunny days. We really enjoyed our time there. We did a couple of excursions. One to Honey Harbor llooking for the store named the Hive but we couldn't find it. We also went to see The Marine Railway aka The Big Chute. Absolutely great!! Really amazing how they can move those boats from one lake to the higher one. Loved it We had a great time Breakfast was included they were yummy. Only problem we thought the suppers were not quite as good They were fine but last year they were super all in all very good

Room Tip: Rooms on the left of the hotel are more reasonable but still have water view
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2015

We stayed at Christie's Mill in June 2015 for a wedding at the Rawley Resort next door.

Check out our room tour (room # 203):

The walk to the Rawley Resort was short and convenient.

The customer service at Christie's Mill was very good overall. We didn't have any issues or complaints. Our room was a bit small but it was very clean and had everything we needed. The indoor pool area was clean, the pool was pleasant and the lake view was very nice. The jacuzzi jets didn't work properly, the jacuzzi seemed dated and in need of some maintenance. The restaurant was closed, so there was no breakfast included in our package. Everyone staying over at the Rawley Resort had breakfast included and the room rates were very similar. Overall we had a very pleasant short stay at Christie's Mill, we just missed breakfast service. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2015

I had a fantastic meal and service here the summer of 2014 with some business associates from Atlanta who ended up staying there for their accommodation while meeting with me.

The place closed for renovations over the winter and just recently re-opened. I had vendor from New York who wanted to meet for lunch in the area so I recommended we meet at Christie's for lunch as their website stated they had re-opened the restaurant for the season.

When I arrived we were met by receptionist in front lobby who explained the restaurant was in fact not open yet, we asked for a recommendation for somewhere to eat and she politely recommended "The Dam Grill" just across the bridge.

Since we hadn't met in person for 6 months, we jumped in my vehicle and headed to "The Dam Grill", leaving my business associate's vehicle in the Christie Mill parking lot, it was one of 6 vehicles in the parking lot that holds about 90 vehicles.

We had a great lunch at "The Dam Grill" and I drove my associate back to get his vehicle, as we arrived we were met by a woman in business attire who asked if the vehicle belonged to us. My business associate explained the situation above and her response was "This parking lot is for customers only", she said this about 5 times, even though we explained that wanted to be customers, but they were not open so we went to "The Dam Grill", she responded by saying "They have parking there, you should use it". I responded "Yes, and they have food as well!".

Like we are taking up the parking space of a customer when there are 90 open spaces.

If they are trying to generate new business after re-opening they are going about it the wrong way, as we were perspective customers that are in the area quite a bit, I have thought several times about it being a weekend getaway, not now. I definitely see why the parking lot was empty.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
7  Thank bigfnirishman
Reviewed May 19, 2015

The best thing I can say is that we paid a web deal for this stay. At least we did not pay the full amount. I will never stay here again. That being said, the area around Port Severn was pretty.

The restaurant meals were expensive but decent. The best part was a huge thunderstorm was taking place during our meal - the windows in the restaurant offered front row seats to a great light show!

Because we purchased a deal for this stay we were placed in an old room with horrible decor. I think there were other rooms available but they said we could not upgrade our room.

We visited in the early fall therefore Port Severn and the area seemed pretty quiet. The Inn offered boat rides on the lake - something we really wanted to do. Both times I put our names on the list for a boat ride the excursion was cancelled. This was surprising because we stayed over the long weekend.

The spa services were atrocious! I paid for a service that started late and ended 15 minutes earlier than advertised. When we tried to explain our disappointment the manager was rude and unhelpful.

I noticed on the website that the Inn is closed for improvements. I hope for the sake of future guests that the improvements are noticeable. As well, I hope the Inn invests in additional customer service training.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new section of the Inn.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple