Cromasaig Bed & Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kinlochewe
See available hotels
Tigh an Eilean(Shieldaig)
Shieldaig Lodge(Gairloch)
Lochcarron Hotel(Lochcarron)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bsitting roompacked lunchtwin bedson arrivaltomscotland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2015

After a wonderful and exillerating day on an teallach we got battered in very heavy rain coming off the last Munro.To keep a very long story short we came off the mountain the wrong way and I fell over and broke my phone.I called my mother off my friends phone and asked her if she could contact Comasaig to inform them we where running late as things hadn't gone to plan.Anyway we eventually arrived at 10.30 expecting maybe a cup of tea and a warm welcome.What we got instead was a tirad of verbal abuse about how inconsiderate we were and how people like us shouldn't be up there climbing mountains(even tho its the third time I've climbed it).I had to put the window of the car up and leave before things turned nasty.Just what you want after a 9 hour trek and climb.We finished our night with a 6 and a half hour drive back to Newcastle battered off the mountain and shocked at this disgraceful vile man.Lovers of the wonderful Wester Ross you have been warned

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
81  Thank apreacher
Reviewed 24 June 2015

Cromasaig Bed & Breakfast is an excellent place to stay! The hosts, Tom and Liz were exceptional. They were both extremely helpful and knowledgeable of the area. The guided information Tom provided was amazing. He has extensive information on the trail system -Cape Wrath Trail South, Cape Wrath Trail North (IAT-Scotland). Liz has a vast amount of knowledge and research on the area and beyond.
It was a wonderful, warm and inviting place to stay!
Thank you, Tom & Liz!

Room Tip: All rooms were great!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2015

I recently stayed at Cromasaig House and the hosts were welcoming and helpful. If it wasn't for their strong anti-gay views I would give this B&B 3 stars. However, whilst we were welcomed as a hetrosexual, married couple I was shocked to find an 'anti-gay b&b' cartoon placed in a frame alongside the breakfast cereal! I felt very uncomfortable at these so blatently promoted views, and illegal discrimination in place at this establishment. Their website states 'we welcome hetrosexual couples'. Their private views are their own, but when you run a business to discriminate in this way is completely unacceptable in my opinion. I felt very uncomfortable about the whole thing. So unless you fit a very specific mould that fits with the owners very narrow belief system don't stay here!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
110  Thank Jordan091
Reviewed 24 September 2014

Our four nights staying at Cromasaig reminded us of the advantage of staying in a B&B as opposed to a hotel. We really missed owners Liz and Tom when we left. Liz has links to the local museum and Tom's an enthusiastic walker so they are extremely knowledgeable about the area, which they both clearly love. It's a comfortable and relaxed place to stay: we were provided with a key on arrival but didn't use it at all. We loved breakfast-times in their kitchen, watching the birds on the bird-feeders, taking advice on the day's activities and chatting with other guests. Dog-owners themselves, Liz and Tom also offered our dog a warm welcome that was much appreciated. They might not offer facilities like TVs, but the personal touch more than makes up for it, and free wi-fi is provided. This is a fantastic base for exploring this beautiful area.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is what Bed and Breakfasting should be - you are privileged to share a home with welcoming hosts who live in an place they love and are busily engaged in. The house is typical of those older houses you see all over the Highlands - basically two front rooms and two gable-window bedrooms above, with modern additions tucked away behind. It has been made comfortable for modern tastes but it hasn't lost its simple character and it hasn't been gentrified or suburbanised. Liz and Tom share their many interests with their guests over breakfast served in the huge kitchen and Liz can provide packed lunches which will fuel the most energetic of walkers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple