All reviews the pub lemon tart sticky toffee pudding have eaten here duck bed and breakfast an evening meal for sunday lunch nice room accommodation chilterns beams starters heathrow corridor
Reviewed July 10, 2017

There is no better place to be on a Sunday afternoon. Great selection of beer and wine all served in premium glassware by well trained and very friendly staff. This place is clearly owned and managed by people who love what they do, and that trickles down through every small detail of the place.

Amazing looking roasts yesterday. I wasn't eating but did sample a couple of roast potatoes which were perfectly done. Yorkshire puddings as big as Yorkshire! I shared a delicious cheese board, and a sticky toffee pudding which makes me want to return to the Nags immediately on thinking about it. In fact, I think I might head over there now, and finish this review later.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jamie D
Reviewed June 28, 2017

I cannot praise this place enough: it’s quaint but not clichéd.

The room in which my wife and I stayed was spotless and well appointed.

I can also say that dinner and breakfast were both excellent and the staff could not be more helpful.

Of course, the star of the show has to be the resident goodwill ambassador – Dusty the Dog!

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the back
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimT2358
Reviewed June 24, 2017

We really enjoyed our first visit, it was a busy day but the staff were efficient and friendly, we had a great roast dinner, very generous portions. Having just moved to the area we will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

My husband, in laws and a friend stayed at the Nags Head for 2 nights. This is the second time my husband and I have stayed there. The rooms are lovely, with oak beams and modern style mirrored furniture. The food is outstanding with excellent service from the staff. A lovely atmosphere in the bar/restaurant, and a heated seating area outside. We will stay at the hotel again in the future as its local to family members and is great value for money. I would recommend to friends ☺

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 105gemma
Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

We stopped at the Nags Head for Sunday lunch very late on a Sunday afternoon (more like early dinner). They serve Sunday until 7pm. The service and food were fabulous. My husband particularly enjoyed the duck parfait and the roast beef and lamb were excellent. It's always good to get vegetables cooked correctly too. I loved the ambience of this old pub and could have sat there all evening. I would happily return here every Sunday !

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends