Origins at The White Lion(Great Missenden)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe publemon tartsticky toffee puddingselection of beershave eaten hereduckbed and breakfastfor sunday lunchmain coursecouple of nightsnice roomaccommodationchilternsbeamsmattressheathrowwedding
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here whilst walking in the Chilterns. Very friendly staff and a warm welcome. We were showed to a boutique style very nice room. I was anticipating noise from the road as the room was at the front but to my pleasant surprise it was relatively quiet. Excellent dinner and service in the restaurant. The room was very clean.

A disturbed sleep due to rowdy guests in the bar below till 2am was followed by a nice breakfast. I was disappointed that the staff did not call time on the small group for the benefit of the other guests. I mentioned this in the morning and did get an apology.

All in all I would recommend this as a mid priced establishment.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2018

We stayed for the night of 21st Feb in Room 3. The furnishings were very tasteful, lovely old beams, and the bed very comfortable with lovely soft pillows. We enjoyed a truly delicious 2-course dinner later (couldn't have managed 3 courses), my husband had the duck and I had lemon sole, followed by sticky toffee pudding and Lemon tart with cassis ice cream - all well presented. All the staff were extremely courteous and friendly and soon fixed a lack of heating problem in our room. Overall, we had a lovely stay for my husband's special Birthday!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tammytwo45
Reviewed February 22, 2018

Stayed at The Nag's Head on a 2-day break around Great Missenden. A lovely old building that has been tastefully modernised and very comfortable.
The staff we met were exceptionally nice and all enjoyed working there, and it showed.
Food was very good, and the wine selection is very expansive, more akin to a London restaurant than country style inn.
If you haven't eaten well enough the night before, the breakfast choice is also very good and should suit all tastes.
An exceptionally pleasant stay.
The dining menu is fairly pricey, at the top end of gastropub range. But considering the surrounds and experience, I did not feel it was too much.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2018

We had a family meal here for my birthday, four children, five adults. The children’s meals were requested ahead of our visit - steak and chips x 2, chicken and chips x 2 - and were beautifully presented. The adult meals were lovely, very generous portions. A lovely way to celebrate.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2018

This place has it all ... a spacious room ... a nice bathroom ...a good restaurant downstairs ... and a good breakfast for an early start.

If you are in this neighborhood and you are in for a treat, thy this place.

Highly recommended