“Very good eating and mire”

The Black Horse Pub and Eating House
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The friendly & traditional pub offers real ales & keg beers. Bar & eating areas comfy & cosy with open fire places. Lunchtime & evening menus cater for every occasion. Outside we have a five aside football pitch, playground with swings, playframe & a slide. Ample seating surrounds our Jumbrella patio BBQ area. Our large fields are used for car rallys & camping guests and marquee parties.
Reviewed September 26, 2018

A friend and I had an excellent lunch today, A really interesting menu, better than most pubs locally offer.

Nice surroundings, pleasant staff and good service. Highly recommended.

Also dog friendly, which is a bonus for us.

Will definitely try their Sunday lunch menu.

Richard B, Owner at The Black Horse Pub and Eating House, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind comments and if you are coming for Sunday Lunch we would recommend that you book as we get very busy then.
Hope to see you soon.

Michele & Richard

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Very friendly landlord and experienced great food and lovely atmosphere. Thoroughly recommend a visit.

2  Thank carolehud
Reviewed September 3, 2018

Went here for Sunday lunch with my partner. We were greeted by friendly staff and shown to our table. The menus appeared quickly and we were given ample time to survey the food on offer. We both opted for Sunday lunch - I went for the pork and my partner chose the beef. The portions were very generous but not too big so you had room for dessert. My pork was delicious and the roast potatoes were very good. My partner who has a mission to find really good roast potatoes gave them 7 out of 10 which is a good score from him. I had the rhubarb and raspberry panna cotta which was lovely and the other half lemon tart. A lovely country pub, we have put this on our list to return.

1  Thank SuesPinner_12
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

It’s not very big, but People are friendly. The food is good. And good choice of drinks. I would recommend

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We booked table for 9 to celebrate 3 birthdays I was worried as not been for years.
No need to have worried nice friendly new owners and all us pleased with the food
all cooked and presented well. Had a great evening and will be back.
Keep up the good work