“Fair golf course”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huiyang
Palm Island Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Huiyang
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

The golf course itself and caddies are pretty good. Transportation arrangement is good too. Around one to two hour drive from cross boarder gate of Shenzhen / Hong Kong. However a bit disappointment because of the construction noise nearby some hotels.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

I visited here with my husband on a golf trip. I did not play golf so I cannot comment on the course. The resort is very open and clean and it was nice to take a break from city living. It was extremely quiet and peaceful. There is nothing else to do outside of the resort, so we had all meals there. The Chinese menu was classic Chinese food, it was tasty, fresh and very affordable. There is a bakery and a convenience store there that sells drinks at ridiculously cheap prices. Golf buggies are on hand to transport you around the resort. The rooms are huge, with balconies, a sunken bath and a kitchenette. There is a spa and two great pools as well as a shooting range. There is very little English spoken there, even at check-in, so it was helpful that we had a Mandarin speaker with us. I recommend this place for a relaxing break from the city.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

I went to Palm island just to play 2 days of golf from a friends invitation so my review will mostly be focused on that I'm afraid and not the rest of the resort. I've had the real privilege of playing golf (albeit badly) around the world at some fantastic resorts and some not so good. I didn't really know what to expect here as I have never played golf in China before and and I was surprised at the standard of the resort.

From HK it is a good 3 hours or driving before you get there and you have to traverse the border and go through the standard border controls which takes longer if you are non-Chinese as the queues are longer and slower. When you drive through the gates at the resort you feel like you have left China behind and gone to Europe. It has a bit of a Spanish feel to it, maybe from the architecture. The villa you stay in look very European and are very spacious. In the room I stayed in, the living space, kitchenette and bathroom are all of ample size and clean with modern facilities.

The golfing facilities are good and as you would expect at s decent golf club. The greens are well maintained and the three nine hole courses are very good. There are some very long 5 par holes and not many 3 pars as iWork's expect which demonstrate the size of the place. The lady candies are knowledgable of the courses.

They do serve western food here in the restaurant and it is of decent quality.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2015

I was there with my fiance, two 80-year-old parents and my sister's family. The professional transport service provided by Palm Island Resort was appreciated. We contacted the resort to request a point-to-point transport and we just took the mini bus from home in Hong Kong and arrived to the resort directly, so that we don't need to worry about the elderly and kids.
The resort was amazing! A huge golf site, club house, war game, many 2-floor houses and facilities. I loved the house called 'Graffiti Land". She was a kid's center and provided a lot of handicraft lessons for both kids and adults. The tutorial fee was very reasonable (low) and we could bring back our artworks.
We just used 10% of their facilities and it made our family holiday completed. Love it and we will come again soon.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2014

The short 3 hour trip from Hong Kong makes this resort great for some peace and quite away from the busy Hong Kong. The reception, shop and restaurant is a bit dated but the service was friendly. The food in the restaurant was very good and they do take outs as well. We stayed in an apartment which was massive (compared to HK standards). Really nice balcony overlooking the golf course.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2014

Bit of a journey from Hong Kong, but worth the trip. This is a lovely resort with 3 superb and quite challenging golf courses designed by Jack Nicklaus Jnr. Lots of water hazards though! The golf service at the resort is excellent and the caddies, (and I only saw female caddies), are all very knowledgeable and extremely helpful and try and speak a little English.

The food and service in the restaurant is of a very high standard with menus in English and a wide range of global choices.

The changing and shower facilities are also second to none!

All in all, excellent in every respect and a most enjoyable visit, to be repeated!

There is accommodation if required, but we only went for the day to play golf!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 days 1 nite for 2 rounds of 18 holes play. The deluxe room we stayed by the lake is well equipped with a spacious balcony, bathroom and living area. I like the thai touch design of the resort and the room. It is beyond my expectation in this area of china.

Basically, it's a good resort for family and friends to stay for a weekend trip. They have other facilities like swimming pool, tennis court and war game too.

The green is not so perfect but ok for a quick trip.

This area seems less vibrant than shenzhen. Maybe we don't know about the area. We couldn't find anything nice outside the clubhouse nearby.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HappyHitomi

Been to Palm Island Golf Resort? Share your experiences!