“HEAVENLY! An absolutely amazing experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Devaaya Ayurveda & Nature cure Centre

Devaaya Ayurveda & Nature cure Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Divar Island
Atlanta, Georgia
“HEAVENLY! An absolutely amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

I visited Devaaya (from Atlanta, Georgia) for seven nights in May of 2011. I was traveling alone and didn't really know what to expect so I had no expectations. Knowing that I wanted to stay an an ayurveda resort in Goa, I located Devaaya on Trip Advisor. I booked my stay completely by e-mail, and although I was nervous about whether or not someone would be there to pick me up at the airport, I had NOTHING to worry about!

Resort/Facility: The grounds are absolutely stunning and manicured to perfection. There are constantly people working to keep it this way, and their hard work is obvious and pays off. My room was very comfortable and had a lovely view (including a western toilet and hot water). I was in one of the two story villas overlooking a field and some of the river. Beautiful! All of the facilities were very well taken care of (breakfast area, yoga/meditation center, spa, pool) and very enjoyable. I spent a lot of time at the pool, and I wished I had brought more than one swim suit.

Staff: Where to start - the people at Devaaya are really what made my experience what it was. From my driver, to housekeepers, cooks, servers, instructors, tour guide, receptionist and of course the Manager, Amriita - they were all so hospitable, friendly and always willing to help and please. They truly made me feel very special with all of the attention and care. I deeply missed everyone the moment I left!

Food: Hands down, the best Indian food I've ever had, and potentially the best food ever. Everything is cooked in a very healthy style, but you would never know based on the taste. Every meal is different, although certain items will be repeated, which is FINE because you'll start to look forward to certain items. If you allowed based on the diet the doctor gives you, I highly recommend trying a little bit of everything they are serving at lunch and dinner, rather than just trying one or two things. Small portions of everything is the way to go! The teas offered at breakfast are also amazing - NO caffeine allowed though, so prepare yourself.

Divar Island/Goa day trips: Keep in mind that Devaaya is on a island, so you can't walk to a market or really anywhere for that matter. They don't really want you leaving for the entire day so that you can get both/all of your treatments and so that your diet/detox isn't interupted, but you really have to take day trips to see Goa. You can plan your treatments ahead of time around your day trip schedule. Check out the sunset and Anjuna and/or Vagator beach, Mapusa market on Fridays (my favorite thing!), Sakahari Spice Farm and elephant rides, Panjim market (and shopping that surrounds it). You need cash pretty much everywhere. I didn't bring travelers checks but just got all my money from ATM's.....the driver will take you to one anytime you need it.

Overall, I would highly recommend Devaaya to anyone who is looking for relaxation, detoxification, a sun tan, amazing service and incredible food. This resort is very laid back and just what I was in the need for. It was a dream come true and I will definitely go back! Next time, for longer than 7 days. Feel free to contact me with questions!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Andria D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
St. Annes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

This hotel is so quite. It's set on Divar Island, surrounded by fields. It has a wonderful pool, beautiful gardens, fabulous views. It is a meat/alcohol/coffee/tea free resort. The spa treatments are wonderful, but if you have issues with being naked in front of same sex people, I wouldn't go here!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank abellfairclough
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

I spent 2 weeks in Davayya. Not enough!!!
I'll defenetly go back next year in the same season for at least 4 weeks. The standard room are very basic but very well equipped. The housekeeping is not exactly the top,(sometimes they forgot to clean up the floor in the room and also in the toilette!!!!!
The food is EXCELLENT, in 2 weeks I never had twice the same dish, but the waiters are very rude. That's too bad

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank elena0411
nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2010

I spent 2 weeks in Devaaya and it was truly wonderful. The staff were fanstastic and very attentive. The treatments were top quality. I would recommend this spa resort to everyone.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
Berlin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2010

Really quite and peaceful resort - a hide away from the touristic spots in goa.
The atmosphere, the ayurveda-treatments and the stuff offered us a deep relaxing stay within one week. We loved this place very much and would recommend it to our friends.
For further improvement we recommended the management to deliver more space to have dinner outside. We would have also appreciated more peronal advice to continue the ayurvedic way of life back home.

• Liked — quite and peaceful place
  • Disliked — only few tables to enjoy dinner outside
  • Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Amsterdam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2009

my friends and myself visited this resort . I will not recommend it to people, as my expirience was frustrating. for example, the room service requires 45 min. to 1 hr. for tea. same with other food ordered. the managent was very unfriendly and not so forthcoming.
in all, after travelling around the world, i would not sugggest this resort...(it is my personal opinion)
regards

• Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Devaaya, Sales & Marketing Executive at Devaaya Ayurveda & Nature cure Centre, responded to this review, 9 January 2010
The review is of stay dated January 2007 when Devaaya was just taken over by new management and was in the initial stages. In these two years Devaaya has grown and changed so much, recently in October 2009 we have introduced Naturopathy therapies as well to benefit more people. We can assure you that your stay at Devaaya will be fulfilling and satisfying as we will help you to recover, rejuvenate & relax in serene surroundings along with authentic Ayurveda and Naturopathy therapies.
We appreciate all feedback as it helps us in serving you better.
skipton,north yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

After almost 15 years and some 20 plus visits of 2-3 weeks to Goa we tripped over this gem of a retreat,on the mid river island of Diwar...easily accessed by a 3minute ferry we found this amazing cluster of cottages around wonderful gardens,great staff who were only to happy to help with all our needs.
Daily transport to Panjim/airport pickup and a transfer to anothet hotel after our four day stay ,all of these services were included in a great value package.
Food was great,breakfast/lunch and dinner included,,selection from a mini buffet put together for us But best of all the Staff from Melvynn the lovely Manager through to all the restaurant staff,gardeners and room cleaners were so very friendly and attentive....we met Madam Sylvia who we discovered was one of the family owners and she very graciously gave us the history of the retreat and reinforced our very positive vibes about Devaaya...

Many many thanks to you all for an amazing four day break in one of the best places we have visited in India and indeed in this small world......

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
#8 of 64 in Candolim
1.9 km away
Divar Island Guest House Retreat

Been to Devaaya Ayurveda & Nature cure Centre? Share your experiences!