“Promising Restaurant”

Lone Star Rib House Cairns
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Smithfield
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I visited on Saturday. Restaurant has a great layout, excellent customer service. We ordered the loaded fries for entree and it was delightful. Full of flavour and big enough for us to share. I ordered a burger for main and it was absolutely beautiful. One of the best burgers I’ve had. My partner ordered the beef brisket and although it was delicious, we thought it was quite pricey for the small portion. We will definitely be going back to try other items on the menu. Overall we enjoyed our lunch.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

Had lunch on Saturday and previews reviews mention service issues are letting this place down. I saw one lady walk back to front arrival area and stood waiting to get an order taken. We had ribs and a burger plus onion rings that were sadly overcooked. The waiter asked to re make them but we declined(a good chef would never of sent them out). Ribs were tender and flavourful but the burger was needing extra sauce.
Will try again,perhaps after a movie.

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

This place never disappoints.Awesome food and staff. It’s a to must visit. Our son couldn’t finish his dinner. All you can eat ribs and wings for $30 the food is yummy.

2  Thank Mishmashoflife
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

So it’s been years since I’ve been to a Lone Star last was in Brisbane! Good to see the peanuts are back!
On arrival it wasn’t too busy but lots of staff running around! We had no idea if we just found a table or waited so went to the bar to be abruptly told to stand back at the front & wait!!
We did wait patiently while we were ignored, no eye co ta t or reassuring smiles we would be helped! There seemed to be very little direction of the staff & got a bit of an unhappy general vibe!
Eventually we got seated & menus & the girl was lovely! We ordered an amigo dog & Caesar salad & drinks all which arrived promptly! There was a lot of dirty tables around so not sure if they were short staffed or if we had just missed an real busy time!
The food was ok, cheap & cheerful & filling!
We were offered desserts for $5 each so we went for it, brownie sundaes! They came in a pint glass which was quirky but we were given one spoon & one fork as apparently there were no more clean spoons! I am hoping this is because they were short staffed as, after working in hospitality for years, this is ridiculous!
Anyway it was enjoyable very filling!
Like I said it’s cheap & cheerful, decent food but def not somewhere for a nice dinner out maybe more for just before the movies or with the kids or mates for a beer & munchie!
Not as good as the old Lone Star’s no steak bar & staff a bit average but not too bad!
Probably some staff training & better management & this place would be a few notches better!

Reviewed June 19, 2018

We went here the night before our trip was coming to an end to cairns. VERY FRIENDLY STAFF and the food was superb. The chicken was probably the most moist I have ever had eating out. We ordered desert and as the didn't do coffees here they were more than happy for us to get one from the coffee shop next door and bring it in so we were really impressed with this. It was a great end to a great week in cairns.