See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 26, 2017

The hotel is very well located in the midst of one of monterrey's upscale neighborhoods, Garza Garcia, where restaurants, shopping and cultural activities are excellent. The rooms were clean, staff was friendly.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Jul R, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Monterrey Valle, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2017

Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Monterrey Valle.

Beatriz Velázquez C.
Gerente General

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

As all Ibis hotels, it just works. Don't expect something else but a clean room.

Attention is always good enough.

I think it could improve its amenities without pushing the price up, for example, there's no soap in the shower, just a weird shampoo-ish thing that you can only guess works both for body and hair. But it leaves a conditioner feel on the skin, not to good.

Other thing is odor, the sink smelled quite bad when water was running.

I would appreciate HD TV channels. There are non.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

I stayed 4 times already because the very central location and its courteous staff. A valet parking that you pay once and serves for as many days you stayed. The restaurant has local food and the breakfast buffet includes home made dishes. Great place for meetings and cocktails. Price under $60 Dollars is outstanding

Jorge Sanchez-Gutierrez
Austin, TX

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Jul R, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Monterrey Valle, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Dear Guest

Beatriz Velázquez C.
Gerente General

Reviewed May 18, 2017

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed January 2, 2017

Traveled to MTY in Dec and was pleased to find this reasonably priced hotel $80 USD for full-size bed for 2, booked via Accor Hotels as a LeClub member. Located in Valle, it's a ritzy location - very convenient especially via Uber (cheap relative to US!). Reviews suggested clean, contemporary hotel with good basic amenities (wifi good, comprehensive breakfast offered - see pictures posted). Everything was as expected and described. It was very quiet when we stayed (despite it being NYE!) EXCEPT - temperatures were unacceptably low at all times in the hotel.

Temperatures outside were 50-60s F day, dropping to 40s at night. Regardless of the warm days, the entire hotel retained the cold air and despite my repeated complaints to the frontdesk, I was told the heat would not be turned on unless more residents complained (since the air is central). Our room (217) was in the back and did not get much sunlight, so it was positively freezing all day (constant 66-68 F) and we had no choice but to bear it.

Otherwise, the service was fantastic and we were happy with the place. Shame they couldn't accommodate us by turning the heat on. Surely residents can regulate the termperature of their rooms via their thermostats if their rooms got too warm? Seems they put cost savings over the comfort of their occupants - which is not a good thing to portray.

Other Tips: ubers seem to frequently miss the hotel on first pass off the avenue because its' relatively hidden by the Novotel's driveway, so they waste a few minutes going around the entire block. Try to meet them on the avenue instead of setting pickup location as the hotel itself.

I asked the front desk for a budget eatery recommendation and was told to try Sirloin Stockade 2 minute walk down the road. TERRIBLE recommendation - the food was absolutely awful and over priced and I'm pretty sure I got sick from eating there (in spite of my precautions re: water). Don't bother asking front desk for cheap recommendations, they don't seem to know any.

We eventually decided try yelp and found Vegan Inc down the road - pricey, but best Vegan food I've ever had - and I'm not even Vegan!

There's a Banamex bank branch just down the road before the Sirloin Stockade - their atm fees were cheaper than most (30MXN), closes at 4pm weekdays, not open weekends, but ATM is 24hr.

Walmart is a short taxi ride down the avenue - but don't expect prices to be as cheap as you'd expect them.

Room Tip: If staying in winter, request a room facing the avenue as this way you may get more sunlight to warm the place.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple