“Excellent location”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mashobra
Gurgaon
“Excellent location”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The location can easily be part of a fable! A castle at top of a hill; in middle of wilderness; covered with snow. You have to see it to believe it! I don’t know how it looks in summers but if there is one place you would want to enjoy the snow- it is here!

The best part for us was the infinity Jacuzzi- a pool right at the edge of the cliff, overlooking the snow clad mountains. Imagine yourself in middle of a warm pool with snow all around and a martini in your hand- bliss!

You can also take a walk on an enchantingly named trek- the wild strawberry walk. We were fortunate to have a thick layer of snow covering this trek.

Although it is not a large property, it is self sufficient and well done. The rooms are well provided but how we wished that it had a balcony! But we were not enthused by the beds.

The services and food et al were pretty much what you will expect from a property of this category.
However, I was particularly disappointed with the exorbitantly priced pick and drop services from Shimla. I found it unfair.

Having said that, if there is one place I would not mind paying premium for the location, it has to be Wildflower Hall. You just can’t find a better location in Himalyas.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Wildflower_Hall, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear Guest

I wish to thank you for spending your valuable time updating your experience on Trip Advisor.

As you have mentioned, we are perched exclusively high up on a hill, overlooking the Greater Western Himalayan mountain range. This affords us breathtaking views of the surrounding vistas and there is no better place to enjoy the views than from the comfort of the outdoor heated Jacuzzi.

We are delighted that we were able to satisfy your culinary needs and that you were able to enjoy the serenity of the adjoining forest sanctuary.
I have noted your valued comments on the transport details and sincerely apologise.

Thank you for choosing to stay at our beautiful property and I hope you and your family and friends have plans to return again soon. It would indeed be a pleasure to welcome you all back to the beauty of the foothills of the Himalayas!

Robert.mason@oberoihotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Our favourite spot in India. We picked to go to Shimla only because a friend recommended Wildflower Hall. It lived up to our expectations. Unfortunately, Kingfisher Airlines cancelled our flights between Delhi and Shimla so we had to fly to Chandigargh, which is a 4 hour drive away. We arrived at Wildflower Hall at about 7.30pm, to be met with the staff expressing their joy that we got there and hot chocolates to warm us up. Our agent had booked a garden view room, but I contacted the hotel before we arrived and asks to be put in a Mountain View room as the difference was not much. Make sure you have the mountain view - it was so divine to look at the Himalayas first and last thing each day.
The food was wonderful. Vegetarian Thali was great - in fact each meal was SO good. The breads were the best in India and are baked on the premises. Terrific, personal service.
We went for walks in the snow (the hotel provided snow boots free), had an archery lesson (with monkeys watching), spent time in the jacuzzi overlooking the mountains (amazing) and had a massage or facial in the very nice spa. The hotel shop was reasonably prices and had some beautiful pashminas.
Unfortunately, the long drive back to Chandigah meant that we didn't have enough time here - I would definitely love to return and spend 4 or 5 nights here. I can't stress enough how wonderful and special this place is.

Room Tip: Mountain View! Keep the windows closed or a monkey will jump in (we were on the 4th floor!) and ste...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about our humble abode. Your feedback is a compliment for our entire team as we work together to anticipate our guests needs and ensure guest satisfaction at all times.

We are sincerely sorry about the inconvenience experienced with the flight into Shimla and hope that your journey home was more comfortable. The views of the Himalayas are spectacular from the comfort of the hotel. This, combined with the relaxing options on offer at our Oberoi Spa, Wildflower Hall makes for a truly peaceful experience.

We highly recommend spending four to five nights here; this will enable my team and I the opportunity to once again create a memorable experience for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back you Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The wild flower is a great way to experience the Himalayas...The location is excellent, staff and service are brilliant!

Room Tip: For the deluxe suites, please specify the suite location as the one facing the mountains. We did not...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Wildflower_Hall, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this review, 18 February 2012
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure having you visit us.

Thank you for the kind words of praise about our staff. They strive to ensure that all our guests enjoy their valuable time at Wildflower Hall. The location of our hotel overlooking the greater western Himalayan range is unique and spectacular, and every season offers something special.

Our mountain view rooms are lovely and offer beautiful vistas of the mountains. Please let us know when next you plan to visit so that we can ensure you are accommodated in this room type.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Wildflower Hall.

robert.mason@oberoihotels.com
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Every little thing was just fabulous. The facilities and the staff are superior. There is a heaven and it is called Wildflower Hall.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms are a must. Watch the sun rise over the Himalayas!
Dear Guest

To be labelled Heaven on Earth is an enormous privilege and we thank you so much for taking the time to post your compliments on our Trip Advisor page.
We are delighted that you walked away with memories that will last you a lifetime and hope that you have plans to return sometime during the course of this year!

Thank you for staying with us and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We visited the Wildflower Hall on my first trip to India and I have nothing but great things to say. The place was lovely and the photos are very accurate. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable! We had a mountain view and because I had terrible jet lag I was up every morning to watch the sunrise which was beautiful! The only good part of jet lag!

I also loved the monkey that would sit on the ledge watching to see if we accidentally left our window open ha! I am sure they are a huge pain for the hotel/staff but I thought they were adorable(and no we never left the window open).

Now the important part...the food! The food was great the indian dishes were so tasty. I think we tried almost everything of the indian options. We had the selection of Himalayan dishes(sampler) which was very good but I would recommend sharing otherwise you might waste a lot of food like we did. I wish I could eat at the Wildflower everyday!

We didn't do a lot of activities mainly just caught up on sleep and relaxed but this is the perfect place to do it!

The only part that was unpleasant for me was the getting to and from the WH...we flew into Chandigarh. It took almost exactly 4 hours each way and that road has a lot of curves. However, the airport transfers were easy.

But it was definitely worth it and we would love to return one day!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Wildflower_Hall, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for spending your valuable time updating our Trip Advisor page.

It is a pleasure to know that the design, food and service of the hotel are appreciated by you! The monkeys are indeed fun to watch and we are delighted that you were able to start your day by watching the magnificent sunrise from the comfort of your bedroom.

Our Indian cuisine is varied and the local dishes of Himachal Pradesh is something we encourage all guests to sample! We appreciate that the journey from Chandigarh can be a little exhausting and we sincerely hope that the return journey was a little more comfortable.

We are delighted that you were able to rest and rejuvenate at Wildflower Hall, and sincerely hope that on your return journey to India someday, that Wildflower Hall forms a part of the next itinerary!

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Surat, India
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed from 21st Jan. to 24th.Trust me. Its a once in a life time experience at Wildflower Hall.From the welcome to the check out, every thing was amazing and remarkable.To begin with Mason (Manager) followed by his wife who takes personal care of the kitchen to the whole hotel staff.They like spoon feed you.You name and they have it.They are always on their toes to follow your orders.
Thanks Mason and Karan for the wonderful and warm welcome, Yeduraaj for the lovely drive upto the hotel, Nitin for the wonderfull snooker game, Vishal for the remarkable pool and outdoor jacuzzi experience, Dinesh (chef) for making amazing salads and chinese, Udit and Pushkar for their hospitality in the restaurants and don't mind all the other staff also were cheerful and helpful too.
What i noticed in this hotel is the staff really knows what you want or may be they r skilled in reading peoples mind.For eg. while playing snooker with Nitin, i just whispered to my wife about going to the restaurant to place our order and then could come and continue with the game again.Nitin read me so fast that he put his snooker cue down, came upto me and said that we could place our order here also.And once the order is ready, we will be informed and then we could go for our dinner in the restaurant.I could not believe that he went and called Udit from the restaurant to take our order.We were shocked buy the promt action and his hospitality.
Vishal is also one of the guy who is always on his toes.No matter how many times u call him either u r in the pool or outdoor jacuzzi he is always smiling and never minds the distance he has to travel to reach you.
Outdoor jacuzzi is a life time experience overlooking the valley filled with snow and also besides you.With the water temp. of 41 degree and outside temp. of 2 or may be 0 degree you will really enjoy.Don't miss it.And if you like to order any snacks or hot chocalate etc. don't hesitate.Vishal will do the needful.
Would also like to give the credit to the chef who prepares each and every dish, be it from the starters to the main course to the deserts and appitizers.They are all perfect.Especially the home made ice creams.Loved the banana caramel combo and pan ice cream.
With guys like Mason, Karan, Yaduraan, Nitin, Udit, Pushkar,Vishal etc. i would certainly like to visit this place again and again. Thanx guys once again for making our stay a memorable one and hope to visit Wildflower Hall soon. Miss you.

Room Tip: Go for a mountain view room and try to get a corner one.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
WildflowerHallShimla, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review and compliments to the team

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Wildflower Hall was an exquisite an unforgettable experience. It was a true "fairy tale" in which the guests are the stars. The hospitality, food, service and beautiful rooms (my room overlooked the mountains) underscored the tranquility and peacefulness. Whether reading a book in the Lord Kitchener lounge,with a fireplace and picture window views of the mountains, or doing a spa treatment--or best of all, walking in the snow to 12,000 feet (Hatu Pass), with a trained and knowledgable guide, there cannot be a better way to ring in the New Year. For that most elegant of New Year's Eves, Wildflower Hall is incomparable. I will return. Kudos to Robert and Storm Mason and their team. Best wishes, Christine S.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view. Enjoy the fabulous Indian food. Take a long walk whenever you...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Wildflower_Hall, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this review, 5 February 2012
Dear Ms. Christine

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review on Trip Advisor.

It was such a pleasure having you stay with us and an even greater privilege to have you see in the New Year 2012 with us. Wildflower Hall allows our guests to relax and unwind; be it whilst reading a book or while enjoying the outdoor heated Jacuzzi. Our range of walks and activities ensure that our guests experience the very best that the Himalayas have to offer and our in-house guides and naturalists ensure that every activity is enlightening and satisfying.

Thank you for choosing Wildflower Hall as your destination to celebrate the beginning of 2012 and my team and I hope that you have plans to return and celebrate the start of 2013 with all of us! Please let me know your travel plans so that I may personally make the arrangements for you!

Happy 2012 to you and your loved ones; may it be filled with love, laughter and endless moments of happiness.

From all us here at the foothills of the Himalayas, we look forward to the day when we can welcome you back!

Robert.mason@oberoihotels.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashobra
8.9 km away
7.0 km away
Hotel Marina
Hotel Marina
#11 of 112 in Shimla

Been to Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas? Share your experiences!