1,643 results
All reviews outdoor jacuzzi lord kitchener sumit joshi a mountain view room the general manager strawberry trail white water rafting cedar forest outdoor activities oberoi property housekeeping team fairy tale mountain biking oberoi service card room oberoi group walking trails
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are here for 4 nights, wish it could be longer. Top class luxury with staff to match. Having breakfast on the terrace with the Himalayas in the background is worth all the effort and expense it has taken, breath-taking views together with perfectly cooked Eggs Florentine, what more could you ask for.
A full sized snooker room and a games room to pass away the hours, as well as a beautiful HEATED indoor pool and spa.
Wonderful grounds to walk around and a top notch looking restaurant witch we will try tonight.
The main point to tell is the staff, they had to call out the doctor (shyster was his middle name!) as I have an infected leg, the hotel said it would be about 3,000rp, but he charged 7,000rp inc some antibiotics, when they found out what he charged me, they went ballistic and said they would never use him again and refunded me the difference!
What a perfect way to look after a guest. so if you are thinking of staying here, don't hesitate, just do it and enjoy

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
WildflowerHallShimla, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

There are so many wonderful aspects of the hotel. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the Breakfast in the outside terrace is always a wonderful affair while enjoying the spectacular scenery.

Our staff is our biggest assets. I am very happy to hear that our staff made your stay comfortable. Our team takes pride in creating a balance of luxury, attentive yet unobtrusive service and pay attention to even the smallest of details of our guests.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to the delight of welcoming you back.

Wildflower Hall
Chharabra, Shimla – 171012

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for just two nights during our recent trip to India. It personifies excellence in all it does; surroundings (wonderful views of the distant snow capped Himalayas), top class rooms (public and bedrooms), wonderful staff (appropriately attentive) and excellent food. I could only find one very small fault (no electric plug for the iron in the walking-in dressing room). At 8,000ft+, the air is thin, but the Hotel is right up there with the best. Many thanks to all those who work there for making our stayed so memorable.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay with us and for sharing your experience with other travelers.

Wildflower Hall, the former residence of Lord Kitchener was rebuilt to a new magnificence to recreate the grand style of the colonial era. Wood paneling and original artwork create an aura of old world charm. Teak wood floors, hand knotted rugs and rich furnishings complemented by spectacular views make the rooms special retreats.

The entire team is thankful for your feedback and I have taken a note of your feedback regarding the electric plug for the room.

My team and I will be delighted to have another opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Once of the best property's of the oberoi. Surrounded by tall trees and a beautiful view of the Himalayas. The staff are so polite and friendly. The treatment from checking in to the check out is so smooth. They all make you feel at home. Each one of them is so helpful and courteous. Could not have asked for a better holiday. The food is also the best. Would love to visit again if possible

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I appreciate the feedback you have given about your experience with us and thank you for posting on Trip Advisor.

We are indebted to you for your kind words and encouragement. Wildflower Hall is known for its unparallel hospitality matched with its exotic location.

The Oberoi prides itself for its top-notch service and I am happy to learn that you were able to enjoy your sojourn with us .It is most rewarding to read that you were able to indulge yourself into walking trails to relax and rejuvenate in the lap of nature overlooking the majestic Himalayan ranges.

We strive to work with an endeavour to create an everlasting impression for all our valuable patrons by providing personalised service and attention to detail. It gives us great pleasure to learn that we were able to provide you with a service that exceeded your expectations.

I am indebted by your warm praise and look forward to the honor of seeing you return soon to your home in the Himalayas.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a very luxurious hotel, a little way further into the hills than Shimla. So you can't just pop out for a stroll along the mall or ridge as you might if you were in the sister hotel (Cecil). The Cecil was fully booked so we had to enjoy the Wildflower instead!

From the moment you enter the reception - you know you are going to be spoilt - all the staff adorned in traditional matching outfits and lavishly decorated and furnished public areas.

In no time at all you were in your grand room, with welcoming fruit, cakes/sweets and a personal letter from the Manager. The check in arrangements and scanning of your passport is all completed in the room - clever!

Our room was on the third floor with a view directly across to the pagoda on the hill opposite, where apparently you can arrange a 'special' meal if you desire - it was a bit cold for that in late October! I completed a quick tour of the public areas with a view to taking some pictures of the scenery but quickly realised that the views are restricted at ground level (dining terrace) due to the number of tall trees. So if it is views you are after, ensure you have a room with a mountain view, as high up in the hotel as you can get!

There is a spa, a large indoor swimming pool (29C) and an outdoor Jacuzzi, none of which I had the time to enjoy. You can even have afternoon tea if you so wish. So if you really wish to sample luxury and be very well looked after - this is the place, but make sure it is not just another base on your Himalayan Tour where you are out and about all the time - a rest day here would be a very good idea.

It goes without saying that the restaurant and food is especially good here and the staff very attentive to each and every guest. On the second night we were personally greeted at the restaurant entrance by the Food and Beverage Service Manager. This was a really good thing, because after over a week in India, I was struggling a bit with my diet and wanted nil wheat and mainly rice, but not too spicy a meal either. Mr Trivedi and his staff were very attentive and suggested certain menu choices to meet my needs and sourced gluten free items to accompany the curry dishes they prepared. The addition of some yogurt tempered the heat and the meal this was finished with a selection of sorbets for desert. Arrangements were made for gluten free toast to be available in the morning at breakfast.

I may not have had 'Delhi belly' but I was struggling a little with the cumulative diet and I very much appreciated the assistance I was given. I left the Wildflower and Shimla on the Toy Train feeling as right as rain again. The parting gifts will be treasured as a reminder of our Himalayan Adventure.

Lovely quiet hotel - plan to enjoy its facilities to the full if you can.

Room tip: Mountain View rooms might be best - if you plan to be here to enjoy it.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and providing us with feedback from your stay.

Wildflower hall recreates the grand style of the colonial era with its distinctive old world charm and characteristic warm service. The location of the resort ensures breath taking scenery and the Himalayas seem only an arms stretch away. It gives us an unparalleled advantage from where one can explore the surrounding areas.

Guest satisfaction is our top priority. Your generous appreciation on the aspects of the hotel including the team, food, service, surroundings and room is very much appreciated. I am glad that our team was able to look after your requirements and did their best to ensure you had a comfortable stay.

I thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards.

Wildflower Hall
Chharabra, Shimla - 171012
Mobile number: +91 9897266778

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Lovely upmarket hotel about 15 miles out of Shimla, built in site of historical home. Very smart and excellent staff.
We didn’t stay there but had a lovely afternoon tea. Excellent walking trails for short walks with stunning views

Trip type: Travelled with friends
WildflowerHallShimla, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2018

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the beautiful Himalayas!

Firstly I would like to thank you for visiting our hotel and for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Wildflower Hall is indeed an ideal location, secluded on a hilltop with spectacular views of the Greater Himalayas. The combination of the authentic restoration, the beautiful interiors, garden and its decor and the Oberoi family tradition of fine hospitality make it one of the finest hill station destinations in India.

I am happy to note that we were able to look after you well and thank you so much for your comments about the team, their attentiveness and thoughtfulness, kind and caring nature. Creating memories for all our guests with unique experience is what we strive for and I am glad to know that we were able to achieve that.

The team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon to your home in the Himalayas for another rejuvenating holiday.

Mobile number: +91 9897266778