“Give it a go!”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Reviews for this restaurant are undoubtedly mixed but I can only say that we visited 3 times during our recent stay in Mullins and enjoyed all of our meals. On our last visit we counted over 40 diners and watched the staff work really hard to serve them all. We've been going to this restaurant for 7 years and always find the food - especially the chicken curry - to be simple but delicious. Admittedly the service in the past has been a bit variable but we noticed a marked difference this year. A special mention for the lovely Canadian (?) lady who served us with a smile on each of our visits!

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Visited for dinner with friends - they love it.
My own impression, too many tables making you have to squeeze past and around other tables. Service is slow, but the company and setting helped in this regard. We chose the chicken curry - it was horrible, very basic at best. Overpriced for what they are serving.

1  Thank Kate R
Reviewed March 19, 2018

We stopped off here for a couple of beers to cool down whilst overlooking the Caribbean ocean. Well worth a stop.

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

What can you say when you’re in a restaurant that clearly has issues with the smell of sewerage.
I don’t know if it’s a ongoing problem we have never dined at this establishment before
But one thing for sure I will not be returning in the near future.

We wish them well in rectifying the problem as the setting is superb.

1  Thank michaelbT3961MY
Reviewed March 16, 2018

We came here for dinner as it was a walk for us to get here and it had some good reviews. It also had some poor reviews but we were willing to judge for ourselves.

We could not find a phone number easily for this place and when we did, it was not in service. Since it was so close to where we were staying, I walked over and made a reservation in person.

When we arrived on a Thursday night, the place was not yet busy. The best thing about our experience, was the position of the table. We were at the lowest portion just above the water and the sun had just set.

It's fortunate we were not in a hurry nor on a timetable. It took a very long time for us to be taken care of with our drink order. Then, longer than it should have taken to have our food order taken. Again, at this point, the place was not yet busy as it was only half full.

By the time the meal came, I was getting frustrated - even though I was on vacation and had no where else to go !! I did enjoy the placement of the table, but that's about it.

I had heard a lot about the Lobster, and I chose the curry version. I was disappointed in it.

The food was moderately to high priced. This is a casual restaurant but the prices are on the upper end.

Since the service was horrible and the food was not as tasty as the reviews I had read, I have given this an average rating for the experience. For the money we spent, we should have had better service and the food should have tasted better.

I do not know if it was lack of staff or staff not trained well enough or what the problem was.

This is an example of a place that had good reviews and poor reviews but we wanted to decide for ourselves. The service was bad, the food was average and the price was more than it should have been.

I would not recommend to my family or friends, to spend their money here as there are better dining options.

I'm not a fussy guy nor do I give poor reviews unless they are warranted. I very much wanted to enjoy this place, but it didn't work out for us.

5  Thank farmboytotravelnut