All reviews bus stop one night spar german wifi salzburg
Reviewed February 5, 2016

The only reason I eventually caved and booked my 5 days in Salzburg were the reviews for this unassuming 3 star hotel in Lengfelden. It's well served by two buses (#21 bus is right opposite the hotel and the #120 stops around the corner on a main road - you'll see a sign for it if you get the #120). The fare from town is 2.50 Euro, and you need to walk from the train station to Paris-Londron Strasse to get the right bus. The bus from Mirabellplatz opposite the Yongfeng Chinese Market Store is the inbound to Salzburg from Longfelden. Don't make the same mistake I did - get off at any Lengfelden stop, and you'll get there with no problems. TIP: If you need power adapters for laptops and the like, you can get one at the electrical store inbetween the Mirabelplatz and Paris-Londron Strasse, it's called Radio Kaufmann - look for a big red sign sticking out from the buidling, they cost around 10 Euros.

My room was clean and nicely sized with a decent bathroom and nice comfy bed, and a sofa. My room also had a TV, but I essentially just used it to catch up on news with a beer at the end of the day. Sky seemed to be a pretty big thing in Salzburg (maybe even Austria) because you see the logo everywhere, and the hotel says that they now have Sky in every room. The restaurant just has a new menu (I visited in early Feb 2016) which hadn't been translated into English yet, but the staff speak English, and can help you choose something. My recommendation would be to plump for one of the traditional dishes and get a 0.5L pot of Augustiner Beer to go with it. They have good fast, free wifi throughout the hotel.

I didn't hang around for the breakfast that was provided, but it looked pretty good with piles of bread and coffee and fruit.

There's a local BP service station about 15 mins walk that stocks things like razors and toothbrushes, etc, if you need them.

Great place to stay just make sure you time the buses if you want to get adventurous with your dining.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank zombie_chris
Reviewed January 12, 2016

I have been at this Hotel during Christmas time with my family. Good points: kindness of the stuff, the hotel is clean, nice room, quiet. Points that could be improved are: communication - xmas night we stayed outside of the hotel over 1 hour because nobody was at the reception and the door was closed; at the restaurant they only speak german; when we were back from the breakfast we found the cleaner and we had to wait her to finish to get ready; the breakfast is not included and it is a bit expensive.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed October 4, 2015

We stayed here for 3 nights to visit Salzburg. This hotel is one of the Austrian Classic hotel built in 1657. It's a short bus ride to the city by Bus #21 and the bus stop is about a few meters away from the hotel. So public transportation is not an issue. The hotel is also close to a river walk going to the town of Lengfelden about 30-45 minutes walk depending on your own pace. There's also a bike rental close to the hotel just around the corner. Even buying some snacks to the grocery store "Spar" is minutes away walking from the hotel. This is my personal choice if it happens that I will visit Salzburg again!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2015

Retains sensible room rates when the rates in the centre of Salzburg soar. About 5 km from centre. Used local bus service - not a hassle. Wonderful chateau-like building located in a small village. The restaurant doesn't open on Sunday evening.

Room Tip: It was unusually warm during our visit and with no air-conditioning the room was very warm. Normally there would not be a requirement to keep the room cool.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed August 8, 2015

We stayed 3 days in Salzburg and had our own car to drive into town, which is only 10 minutes. City bus also available a very short walking distance from hotel. Very nice restaurant, food was terrific and service was great. Rooms were surprisingly spacious for 3 people, but had to request the larger room in advance. Very clean and cozy. The service staff at the front desk were helpful with local information, as well as local car service and laundry services we needed. Would definitely return to this property.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request a room that does not overlook the garden restaurant.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family