All reviewsfive rathasthe cottagesswimming poolsea view cottageopen showerbeach resortmain buildingoutdoor activitieshigher siderooms are largefood was averageseafoodnice pooltamil naduambiencechennaitennis
Reviewed March 28, 2018

The location of the Chariot Beach Resort is very good. Hotel is close to the sea and short ride from the city. Also the pool is great. The rooms are average. Quite a lot of wear and tear but still ok.

The thing that needs most improvement is the service. Both in reception and in the restaurant the service is mediocre at best. You get what you need at the end but it can take time and you may need to ask couple of times before anything happens.

Overall Chariot Beach Resort was not a bad place to stay but definitely not a great one either.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrTelakeppi
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Very Calm and quite place to have good time and great property to enjoy with friends and family or with Professional colleagues. Seashore so close and property gives game place to have great time. Ideal place Team building activities.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 2, 2018

We had a corporate outing in Chariot Beach resort and it was awesome. Preeti (Sales team) helped us lot in planning and meeting our needs. Mr. Ranjit , Mr. Swami and his team supported us lot in organizing food and place.

Everyone was very supportive and it was our day. Really enjoyed a lot with my colleagues. Thanks much for your patience and support. Good Luck

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank MohamedA28259
Reviewed February 24, 2018

First the positives. The pool is fantastic and it is pretty close to the ocean so. Unfortunately that is the best that can be said about the resort.

The rooms were not well maintained and uncomfortable beds. Don't bother paying for most of the upgraded rooms as there is virtually no difference in quality. The service at the restaurants were incredibly slow and mediocre food quality. Generally a poor experience all around.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2018

I regret the day that I booked my room at this resort, if one can actually call this a resort. The reception staff are either clueless or genuinely lazy. Multiple requests that I made over the phone throughout my stay were either ignored or forgotten. Anytime I needed something, I had to take the trip to the reception to get it. I was kicked out of their wi-fi network in the middle of my stay and they couldn't get my room back in the system. The linen was dirty and the bathroom belonged in a low budget lodge. The food in the restaurant was just average. The drinks from the bar were terrible and the supposedly fresh fruits mentioned in the ingredients in the drinks were substituted with syrups. Housekeeping doesn't care that you locked the door before you headed out. They'll make their way in without bothering to ask you. Most of the lounge chairs at the pool were broken. If it wasn't for the beautiful beach and the charm of Mahabalipuram, I would have to say that my trip was a complete disaster.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends