All reviews beachfront room prawn night beach front muri beach paddle boards silver sands polynesian night prawns cook islands happy hour island night hotel restaurant stayed for nights nice pool staff were amazing other resorts wedding planner
Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

Loved staying here! All the staff were very friendly and remembered our names, very clean rooms and relaxing surroundings, the pool was amazing and the massage from the spa was well worth it! Great facilities they really had everything you need and being at Muri beach it's close walking to cafes and other resorts too! Highly recommend couldn't fault our stay! Thanks guys!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Liana S, General Manager at Muri Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2016

Kia Orana Jennie M

Thank you so much for your review. We have a great team working at the hotel and I am so glad that you enjoyed our hospitality.
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we can't wait to welcome you back again should you look to return to the Cook Islands.

Meitaki Maata,

Reviewed September 10, 2016

I spent 5 nights here. The hotel is located in a great place in Muri beach area just opposite a group of small islands. It has white sandy beaches with Aqua clear water. The hotel provides kayaks and paddle boards free for guests, I used the kayak everyday to paddle around the islands and to cross over to hang out on beach of island opposite, this was a good option if it was breezy at Muri cos it was calm over there. I also snorkelling heaps and even though there is quite a bit of weed growing in some places there is still good fish life to see. The upstairs lounge was a nice, quiet place to hang out and while away some time watching the stunning view. The beach area in front of hotel with loungers and hammock also a beautiful place to relax. If you tired of the beach the poolside area was also great to relax, the pool was so nice and not a chlorine one. The staff are cheerful, and helpful all the time, make sure you try out some cocktails... I had a late flight out but was still able to use all the facilities for the day and was able to have a shower before leaving as well as storing luggage. Thanks for a lovely time Muri Beach Club Hotel.

Room tip: I had a downstairs garden view room, quiet, with a view through to the pool area. The rooms that look out onto the beach would be awesome.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 540leahk
Liana S, General Manager at Muri Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2016

Kia Orana 540leahk

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Muri Beach Club Hotel and I can see that you did enjoy going across to the Motu and the time spent out on the water..It is great to hear that you were able to have some peaceful time in the Lounge and it is a great place to relax when you are enjoying a good book. I am happy that you enjoyed the range of cocktails and the hospitality of the staff.
We hope that you do visit us again.

Meitaki Maata

Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

We had access to this hotel as we were affiliated with another. But anyone can drop in here and longe at the beach for a price of a cocktail.

The resort itself is spotless and airy.

We popped into the beach sun loungers and stayed the day ordering food, coconuts and cocktails. Was hard to get the attention of staff and once they delivered your drink, they looked nervous that you were going to run off without paying- or that's the vibe we got. It made it pretty unpleasant. Ordered cocktail on the happy hour. When I went to pay as was passing bar en route to the ladies I was presented with a full price bill in happy hour , when questioned the bar man informed me that " happy hour today is only for the man because of Father's Day " the waiter who served us had informed us that happy hour included wine and cocktail. I could not be bothered to argue, so I paid and left. When I tried to leave my sun lounger upon paying my bill and packing up my sarong etc, the waitress ran after me and told me to pay my bill. Ermmmmm I just did! Won't be back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Liana S, General Manager at Muri Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2016

Kia Orana Chefdeb71,

Thank you for spending the day ordering food, coconuts and cocktails and enjoying our glorious facilities. The staff are diligent in ensuring bills are paid, particularly from non hotel guests as unfortunately we have indeed been burnt many times. Perhaps a little more diplomacy on our side in the way of follow up of payment could have been exercised. Change over of shifts from the morning to the afternoon also contributed towards the confusion and you being asked the second time. My apologies for this.

Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

Modern beachfront resort, walk out straight to the beautiful sandy beach. Big swimming pool. Room is good but it is very expensive without a kitchen. Staff are very friendly. We enjoyed the beach. Excellent shower ! Thank you.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Kia Orana Norfizie,
Thank you for booking your short stay with us. We are a hotel, and thus have rooms without cooking facilities as we have a Restaurant & Bar onsite catering to Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, with live music and a varied of theme nights 3 nights a week As you only booked the one night, premier rates would apply, however we have some excellent 5 nighter and 7 nighter deals in the market place which I do hope you are able to capitalize on next time, as well as a great returnee benefits. Yes, the showers and pressure are great 

Reviewed September 7, 2016

The main purpose of the visit was for our forthcoming wedding. Arrangements started some months earlier with Claire by telephone. Claire was very helpful and the arrangements went very smoothly. We were offered so many options. I can't imagine that there was anything left out. The discussions were well documented and copies received by email. On arrival at Muir Beach Club Hotel we were advised that Claire was leaving soon and we would be looked after by someone else. Obviously there were some concerns, but these were soon to be unfounded. We were Introduced to Terina who from the start made things so easy and was happy to accommodate any of our extra requests. She was constantly available to discuss anything before the wedding and during the wedding was exceptional in ensuring everything run smoothly.
We strongly recommend anyone intending to get married at a very special location experience the Muir Beach Club Hotel service. All of the staff were courteous, helpful and welcoming. A Great location. Special thanks to Terina, Taufa and Ovini on our big day. Hope I've spelt the names correctly. See you next year. Glyn and Cheryl

Room tip: Beach Front Views to die for
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Kia Orana Glyn & Cheryl

Thank you so much for your review.

I am so pleased that with the changeover between the Weddings team that everything was smooth for you. I do understand that there would be concerns having dealt with Claire initially, and I am glad that Terina was able to push aside these feelings, and ensure that your day was exceptional. We are proud of our staff and thank you for mentioning the ones that made your day even more special. I hope that the family enjoyed sharing your special day with you. We do look forward to you return visit.
From Terina-Thank you Glyn & Cheryl, I wish you both a lifetime of happiness, and Jack made for a wonderful planner & groomsman, thank you again.

Meitaki Maata